3 Featured 55 Plus Living Communities in the Williamsburg Area
Your Life. Your Style. Your Plan.
Assisted Living From - $4820 / Memory Care From - $8025
- Choose the maintenance-free, beautifully crafted home or luxury apartment that best suits your needs
- A LifePlan Community, not for profit and nationally accredited
- Gourmet dining including Cove Cafe with carry out options and customized menus designed by a classically trained chef
- Health club and spa membership
- Explore exciting new hobbies, such as woodworking or pottery, at our on campus workshops. Also enjoy the outdoors at our tennis, bocce or pickleball courts.
Coming Soon! Williamsburg's Newest All-Inclusive Independent Retirement Community
- All-Inclusive: everything for one monthly rent with no buy-in fee or long-term lease. It means spending time doing the things you love, instead of doing chores like cooking, cleaning, or maintaining a home.
- Our full-time activities director learns how residents want to live life to the fullest and then creates a robust calendar of events.
- Concierge and Valet Parking
- Utilities, Cable and Internet are all included
- Walk down Main St which includes a pharmacy, salon and home care support
Luxury Senior Apartments in Williamsburg, VA
- Open Concept Kitchens with Breakfast Bar
- Stainless Appliances, Granite Countertops and Brushed Nickel Finishes
- Two-Story Luxury Clubroom
- Business Center with Free Wi-Fi
- An Energy Star Certified Community with a Maintenance Free Lifestyle
8 55 Plus Living Communities in the Williamsburg Area
We Listen. We Love. We Care. We Serve.
- Spacious floor plans with full kitchens and washer/dryer
- Farm to Table Restaurant-style dining and 24-hour concierge
- Lounge, game room and full daily activities calendar
- Library, fitness center and hair salon
- Art, music and fellowship
Because People Make the Place
- Independent and Assisted Living, Secure Memory Care and Respite Stays.
- 24-hour Team Including LPN Supervision, Maintenance and Housekeeping
- Individualized Service Plans for Each Assisted Living Resident
- Social Activities and a Full Time Life Enrichment Director
- Transportation to Doctor's Appointments and Other Activities
An Upscale Senior Living Community Coming Soon to Yorktown, VA
- Artful Dining®: The Yorktown, VA area is filled with a bounty of fresh ingredients our chefs craft into seasonal menus, featuring dishes making this part of the country legendary.
- Zestful Activities®: We have scheduled outings for shopping and entertainment around the area.
- Heartful Care®: From wellness programs to the latest health trends, to our friendly 24/7 staff, you can have peace-of-mind that southern-style care is always available.
- HEARTS® Welcome Program: One of our signature programs, is your grand entrance into the community stress free.
- Nothing is more important to us than making sure your decision to move into our community meets your expectations and satisfaction.
Welcome to The Devonshire, Live Happy, You Deserve it!
Independent Living From - $2060 - $3450 / Assisted Living From - $3249 - $3999
- Security, emergency maintenance and medical access 24 hours a day
- Beautiful landscaping with private gardens
- Utilities included except phone, internet and cable
- Free housekeeping and laundry facilities
- Scheduled activities and free transportation
Ready for a new view? We have just what you are looking for!
- 101 Roscoe Crossing, Williamsburg, VA 23188
- Brand New Affordable Housing and an EarthCraft Certified Community
- Open Kitchen with Breakfast Bar and Spacious Floor Plan Layouts
- Two-Story Luxury Clubroom and Solar Powered Common Areas
- Offering a Range of Social Activities, Recreational Programs, and Proximity to Fine Dining and Shopping in the Historic Towne Park
- Beautiful Lush Landscaped Grounds with Plant Covered Porches and Views Surrounding Countryside and Tree-lined Neighborhood
Continuing Care Retirement Community in Williamsburg VA!
- 3900 Windsor Hall Drive, Williamsburg, VA 23188
- Maintenance Free Homes, Apartments, Villas,Independent, Assisted Living and Skilled Care
- Wellness Center with lap pool, therapy pool, aerobic/stretching exercise room, TechnoGym™ weight and cardio equipment room, juice bar, and space for alternative therapies
- Transportation to regularly scheduled shopping trips, planned special events, and medical appointments.
- Regular and scheduled social, cultural, educational, spiritual, wellness and recreational programming
- Pharmacy, Gift Shop/Convenience Store
Home of Exceptional Service & Value For Seniors 55 & Better
- 101 Arboretum Way, Newport News, VA 23602
- Shuttle Service To Doctors, Shopping & Dining
- Library/Social Hall w/Planned Activities
- Elevator Access, Emergency Pull Cords
- Onsite Beauty Salon
- Picnic and Garden area/Paved Walkways Around Lovely Landscaped Grounds
Senior Living in Newport News Virginia
- 955 Harpersville Road, Newport News, VA 23601
- Full service Continuing Care Retirement Community
- Offers true Life Care and Fee for Services financial arrangements
- Nursing care center has received zero deficiencies in 11 of the last 12 annual surveys
- Located on 35 spacious acres convenient to City Center of Newport News and I-64
- Promotes a healthy and active lifestyle through classes, fitness center, swimming pool, and one-on-one personal consultation
Other 55 Plus Living Communities in the Williamsburg Area
Verena at the Reserve
Verena at the Reserve offers the best of 55+ independent senior living in Williamsburg, Virginia, with close-knit residents, supportive staff, and onsite activities
- 121 Reserve Way, Williamsburg, VA 23185
- Willamsburg's only 55+ independent luxury apartment community with club services
- Chef prepared meals served restaurant style, private dining room available, cafe' area
- Theater and life enrichment room. Entertainment, social and educational programs and events
- 9 ft. ceilings, crown molding, full kitchen with granite countertops, hardwood cabinets and upgraded full size appliances
- Conveniently located to Historic Colonial Williamsburg, restaurants, grocery stores and much more!
Brookdale Chambrel Williamsburg
Exceptional Senior Living in Williamsburg VA!
- 3800 Treyburn Drive, Williamsburg, VA 23185
- Independent living with services
- No endowment fees
- Month-to-month rentals
- Pool, activities, transportation and more
- Personalized assisted living
Charter Senior Living of Williamsburg
Assisted Living, Memory Care and Short-Term Stays in Williamsburg, VA.
- 440 McLaws Circle, Williamsburg, VA 23185
- Licensed nurses and caregivers on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Three delicious meals and snacks served restaurant-style daily
- Planned social, educational, and recreational activities daily
- Scheduled local transportation available
- Respite stays
Independent Retirement Living in Yorktown VA
- 2405 Ft Eustis Blvd., Yorktown, VA 23692
- 3 Meals Served Daily
- Live-in Management
- Game Room
- Walk-in Closets
Forrest Pines Senior Community
BRAND NEW apartment community thoughtfully designed for active adults 62 or better.
- 500 Big Forrest Court, Newport News, VA 23608
- Lush landscaped grounds with screened porches. Shuttle Bus to take you out to shows, shopping, dining and more
- Arts and Crafts and Game Rooms, Fitness Center, Beauty Salon, Beautiful community room with fireplace
- Elevators, Monitored entrance, Water included, Swimming pool, Indoor mailboxes & controlled access entry
- Spacious layouts, Walk-in showers, Bath features: grab bars and slip resistant tubs
- Emergency call system, Free Cox cable with up to 81 channels, Bright open kitchens with breakfast bar area, Patio or balcony, Washer and dryer connections in each apartment
Welcome to Lexington Commons Senior Living Apartments in Denbigh Area Newport News, VA
- 14534 Old Courthouse Way, Newport News, VA 23608
- The Peace of Mind of a Maintenance Free Lifestyle
- Secured Access Entry with Intercom and Keypad System
- Monitored 24-hour Emergency Pull Cord System in Bedrooms and Bathrooms
- Scheduled Transportation for Shopping, Outings and Excursions
- Movie Room, Billiards, Fitness Center and More
K. Hovnanian at New Kent Vineyards
- Emmaus Church Rd, New Kent County, VA 23124
Rock Creek Villas
Exclusive Contemporary Homes on the Fairway for Active Adults 55 +
- 3392 Rock Creek Villa Way, Quinton, VA 23141
- Lots for Sale!!!! Community Ammenities, Golf-Some lots back to golf course, Dining
- Fitness opportunities, Maintenance free lawn care to include irrigation
- All Brick exteriors, Anderson windows, Upgraded kitchens and flooring packages
- ADA friendly, Large open floor plan, Large walk-in closets, Most features are standard, whereas, other builders have them as upgrades
- Preferred Lender: Crystal Howell, NMLS#572982 www.cfmortgagecorp.com/crystal-howell
Beautiful Retirement Apartments in Hampton Virginia!
- 215 Marcella Ave, Hampton, VA 23666
- Affordable Living
- Secure Building
- Emergency Call System
- Raised Gardening Beds for Resident Use
- Small Pets Welcome
Somerset At Town Center
Welcome to the luxury and comfort of Hampton's most exciting new senior community!
- 211 Marcella Road, Hampton, VA 23666
- Located in the heart of Peninsula Town Center
- Private Shuttle Bus to transport you to some of the area’s finest shopping, dining and entertainment.
- Arts and Crafts Room, Fitness Center & Beauty Salon
- Beautiful Community Room with Fireplace
- Monitored Entrance & Elevators
Senior Living Community located in the heart of Hampton, Virginia.
- 232 Gilbert Street, Hampton, VA 23669
- Solariums or Patios
- Controlled Access & Indoor Mailboxes
- Swimming Pool & Clubhouse
- Close To Shopping
- 24-Hour Emergency Call System
Tidewater Senior Apartments
Tidewater Senior offers two-bedroom apartment homes for those 55+.
- 1446 W. Queen St #100, Hampton, VA 23669
- On-Site Professional Management
- Planned Activities
- 24-Hour Emergency Maintenance
- On City Busline
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.