10 55 Plus Living Communities in the Saratoga Area
Friendship, Community and Security
- 21966 Dolores Street, Castro Valley, CA 94546
- Restaurant style dining with gourmet and special diet menu selections
- A variety of activities, programs, and meaningful volunteer opportunities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Woodworking Shop
- The Baywood Court Computer Lab enables residents to write their autobiography, trace their genealogy, research topics of interest, or simply surf the Internet.
Welcome to Saratoga Retirement Community, Silicon Valley's finest destination for extraordinary senior living.
- 14500 Fruitvale Avenue, Saratoga, CA 95070
- Residents enjoy comfortable, carefree lifestyles in private, pet-friendly apartment or cottage homes, where they have the security of knowing a comprehensive continuum of care is available on campus, should their health care needs change.
- Beautiful dining room with a cheerful waitstaff, a fitness center and indoor pool and spa, a club lounge, a library, a bocce ball court, a putting green, colorful gardens, surrounding residential neighborhoods to walk in and so much more.
- We have apartment homes in one-, two-, and two-bedroom-plus-den styles. We also have several spacious two-bedroom cottages.
- You'll also delight in the fine dining prepared each day by our executive chef and the culinary team.
- You'll have the peace of mind that comes only from living in a Continuing Care Retirement Community.
Chateau Cupertino is independent retirement living at its best!
- 10150 Torre Ave, Cupertino, CA 95014
- one-bedroom, two-bedroom and alcove apartments with bathroom and kitchenette including a full-size refrigerator
- Multiple closets, patio, balcony or solarium
- Beauty and barber services and the convenience of the General Store
- Three conveniently-located elevators
- Cozy living room with its fireplace and entertainment lounge where you can enjoy special entertainment or easy viewing of feature films on the big-screen TV
Located in beautiful Santa Clara, California, Villa Serena offers the fun of a vibrant retirement community and the independent lifestyle you value.
- 1340 Pomeroy Avenue, Santa Clara, CA 95051
- Chef-Prepared Meals: Enjoy three home-cooked daily meals prepared by our chef, served at your table in our dining room.
- Fun Social Activities and Outings: Access a full activity calendar including: games, exercise, movies and many more fun weekly events.
- Transportation: We offer local transportation for shopping trips, doctor's appointments and other scheduled activities and events!
- Weekly Housekeeping Service: Enjoy your own personal housekeeper who will clean, vacuum, do light dusting, change your linens and bring you toilet tissue weekly.
- Caring Live-In Managers Available to You 24/7: You'll have peace of mind knowing that our mangers live here too. Each apartment has an emergency communication system.
Santa Clara California Independent Senior Living
- 1675 Scott Boulevard, Santa Clara, CA 95050
- Comfortable apartments in a variety of sizes that allow you the freedom to furnish in any style that appeals to you.
- Perfectly balanced, perfectly delicious meals made from scratch and served in our restaurant-style dining room.
- We love having cats and dogs as part of our community. After all, they are part of the family.
- All of your utilities are included in your monthly rent. That includes cable TV, heat, and air conditioning, everything except your phone bill.
- We know how much seniors value their freedom, so we offer month-to-month leases with no long-term commitment. Enjoy this all-inclusive lifestyle on your terms.
A Sense of Belonging...
- 1174 Los Altos Avenue, Los Altos, CA 94022
- Independent Living and Assisted Living
- Studio, one- and two-bedroom apartment homes
- Three meals daily
- Full activities calendar
- 401 Webster Street, Palo Alto, CA 94301
- Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
- Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
- Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
- Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
- Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
Exceptional Senior Living
- 485 Woodside Road, Redwood City, CA 94061
- Our full-service dining room offers an elegant setting, generous hours , open seating and a host to ensure a pleasurable dining experience.
- Invite friends or family to enjoy our heated indoor pool.
- Our well-appointed activity room is ideal for a friendly game of bridge, chess or other fun, challenging activities.
- Green thumbs can tend to their favorite plants in our outdoor gardening areas.
- Our emergency response system is monitored 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week by our well-trained staff in case of an emergency.
Discover the rewards of a life well lived!
- 2860 Country Drive, Fremont, CA 94536
- Studio, one and two bedroom apartments
- Kitchenette in every apartment
- Fitness area with indoor pool
- Anytime Dining served restaurant style
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
We welcome you home to Vintage Court!
- 2499 Decoto Road, Union City, CA 94587
- Private patio entries/balconies
- Furnished clubhouse with adjoining fully equipped kitchen, recreation room/lounge, and dance floor
- Planned social activities
- Sparkling pool and spa
- Walking distance from market, post office, senior center, park, library, bank and more.
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.