2 Featured 55 Plus Living Communities in the Sandston Area
Richmond's Finest 50+ Senior Living Apartment Community
- New Pool and LIV Café Coming Soon!
- On Site Pharmacy, Grocery Store, Banking and Voting Precinct
- All Utilities Included as Well as Cable
- 13 Acres of Gated Walking Trails and a Huge Variety of Active Sports, Games and Exercise Options
- Social and Medical Transportation and At Least 5 Events Daily
You're Right at Home
$650 Per Month
- All Utilities Included except phone and cable
- Studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 2 bath apartments with no entry fees
- Planned activities. Courtesy transportation to grocery store, shopping and entertainment
- Featuring a variety of affordable senior apartment floor plans with walk-in showers or tub
- Beautiful landscaped grounds and gardens
1 55 Plus Living Communities in the Sandston Area
If You Can Dream It...The Barrington at Hioaks Can Make It Happen.
- Life Enrichment Program and Wellness Program
- LUXE Unlimited Salon with Pedicure/Manicure Services and Hair Stylists
- Activities Room with Big Screen TV
- Beautifully Landscaped Grounds with Individual Garden Areas, a Gazebo, and Breezeway with Benches
- Delicious, Nutritious Meals Prepared by Our Executive Chef with Service in a Restaurant-Like Setting
Other 55 Plus Living Communities in the Sandston Area
Sandston Plateau Senior Retirement Community
Sandston Plateau.... The Next Best Thing To Family.
- 600 E. Williamsburg Road, Sandston, VA 23150
- 1 Bedroom Garden Apartment $464-$602 521 sq ft
- 2 Bedroom Garden Apartment $703 722 sq ft
- Cafe, Media Room, Two Libraries, Elevator, Intercom
- Bingo!, Gardening Club, Outreach Programs, Movie Nights
- And So Much More!!!
Rock Creek Villas
Exclusive Contemporary Homes on the Fairway for Active Adults 55 +
- 3392 Rock Creek Villa Way, Quinton, VA 23141
- Lots for Sale!!!! Community Ammenities, Golf-Some lots back to golf course, Dining
- Fitness opportunities, Maintenance free lawn care to include irrigation
- All Brick exteriors, Anderson windows, Upgraded kitchens and flooring packages
- ADA friendly, Large open floor plan, Large walk-in closets, Most features are standard, whereas, other builders have them as upgrades
- Preferred Lender: Crystal Howell, NMLS#572982 www.cfmortgagecorp.com/crystal-howell
- 1400 Shirleydale Avenue, Richmond, VA 23231
- 301 Dabbs House Road, Richmond, VA 23223
- Friendly, social and active community
- Library, several lodges with fire places, business office with internet
- Fitness center
- On site Social Service office and senior specialist
- Affordably priced rents starting at $595
Pre-Sales Incentives Available!
- Cool Summer Drive, Mechanicsville, VA 23111
- Our Sales office is open daily from 1 pm - 5 pm
- A leisure lifestyle community for active adults featuring brick town homes with single story living and first floor owner's suites
- CoolWell is convenient to shopping, dinning and entertainmentwith great access to Interstate 295.
- You'll feel at home here with a private community club house and pool.
- Our custom homes are built by HHHunt
- 7090 Covenant Woods Drive, Mechanicsville, VA 23111
Independent Maintenance Free Living In The Heart Of It All
- 7161 Red Sash Drive, Mechanicsville, VA 23116
- Sales office is open daily from 12 pm-5 pm.
- We are a neighborhood for active adults age 55 and better
- Bell Creek is convenient to retail shopping, resturants, banks, specialty shops, pharmacy, grocery stores, veterinary hospital and gas stations.
- Several floor plans boast first floor masters, walk-up attics and basements
- Our custom homes are built by Holly Homes and RCI Builders
K. Hovnanian at New Kent Vineyards
- Emmaus Church Rd, New Kent County, VA 23124
Coming Home - the best part of the day!
- 401 Norcroft Circle, Richmond, VA 23225
- Monitored community
- Social activities, transportation for shopping, banking
- Designer kitchen with dishwasher and disposal
- Washer/Dryers are available on site, or you may bring your own
- Pets welcome
- 4325 Crutchfield Street, Richmond, VA 23225
The Park at Ridgedale
Free Rent Until January 2006
- 5001 Ridgedale Parkway, Richmond, VA 23234
- 1 & 2 Bedroom Homes
- Monitored Emergency Pull Cords
- On Site Beauty Parlor/ Barber Shop
- Fully Equipped Deluxe Kitchen
- Pets Are Welcome
The Atlantic at Brook Run
Call for Specials!
- 6000 Brook Road, Richmond, VA 23227
- Fully equipped Kitchen with Energy Star appliances
- Individually controlled heat and air
- Trash removal included in rent
- Handicap accessible plans available
- Small pets Welcome
The Renaissance Apartments
- 1021 German School Road, Richmond, VA 23225
The Villas at Rose Hill
- 6225 Lakeside Ave, Richmond, VA 23228
Heritage Oaks Retirement Community
Blending Independent Living With An Added Dimension Of Security
- 1100 German School Road, Richmond, VA 23225
- Included in your monthly rent: 3 elegant meals, full-time driver with transportation to shopping & medical appointments
- Weekly house keeping & linen service, Necesity Store and Pharmacy delivery
- Billiards & Exercise room, Beauty & Barber Shop, well stocked Library
- Outdoor Gardens, Chapel, Cafe
- Available 24/7 healthcare assistance
Chester Village Senior Apartments
- Affordable Apartments for seniors 62 and better
- Breathtaking Community Room with Fireplace & Business Center with computers & FREE e-mail
- Gardening plots, state-of-the art fitness center and much more
- Walk to shopping, banking, pharmacy, dining and library
- Fully Equipped Kitchens and Washer/Dryer Connections
Grand Oaks Senior Apartment Homes
Everything You Need for Every Day Living!
- 5301 Grand Oaks Forest Circle, Chester, VA 23831
- BRAND NEW
- BARRIER-FREE 2 BEDROOM R APARTMENT HOMES
- CLUBHOUSE, POOL, & FITNESS CENTER
- FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN WITH ALL APPLIANCES
- YOUR PET IS WELCOME
The Arbors Senior Apartments
NOW LEASING! Reintroducing The Arbors
- 7608 Forest Hill Avenue, Richmond, VA 23225
- NOW LEASING - Brand New premier senior apartments.
- Water included in rent.
- Full social calendar and outings, beauty salon/barber.
- Covered parking, fully equiped kitchens, emergency call systems, walk in closets and much more
- Call Dawn to reserve your new apartment home today!
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.