17 Featured 55 Plus Living Communities in the Rye Brook Area
A Lifestyle Designed for Older Adults
- Continental Breakfast / Custom created menu selections for Lunch and Dinner served table side
- Rooftop social events and activities
- Modern Euro-style kitchenette
- Full Service Beauty Salon/barber shop
- Interior and Exterior maintenance
Welcome to The Bristal at Waldwick
- Expertly trained compassionate staff available 24 hours a day
- Three gourmet meals, daily housekeeping & weekly linens
- Extensive daily social activities calendar
- Choice of suite with kitchenette and private bathroom
- Scheduled transportation to shopping, events and group outings
5 55 Plus Living Communities in the Rye Brook Area
Fulfilling Independent Senior Living in Rye Brook, NY
- 1200 King Street, Rye Brook, NY 10573
- 24-hour availability of a trained staff
- A choice of apartments
- A full-time director for events and activities
- Anytime Cafe with complimentary snacks and beverages
- Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
The Right Home at the Right Time
- 2550 Webb Avenue, Bronx, NY 10468
- Senior-friendly kitchens (Three meals each day are included in the monthly fee.)
- Emergency call bells in each apartment, system monitored 24/7 by Kittay House staff
- Fitness center, Wi-Fi and computer center, convenience store, extensive library, beauty/barber shop and gardens
- Weekly housekeeping and fresh linen service included in the fee
- Easy access to health care, dozens of social, recreational, arts and educational programs on-site
Discover the Retirement You've Always Wanted
- 600 Frank W. Burr Blvd., Teaneck, NJ 07666
- Engaging activities and events
- Regular housekeeping services
- Delicious meals served in a restaurant-style dining room and bistro
- Fitness center and exercise classes
- Scheduled transportation
Home to authors, artists, business leaders and world travelers. Come meet individuals who share your passion for life!
- 100 Redding Road, Redding, CT 06896
- Indoor pool, sauna, and sun deck with locker rooms
- Informal pub and lounge with large screen TV and connected to an outside patio
- Guest suites for your out-of-town guests
- Fitness center with the latest exercise equipment
- Full-service branch of Ridgefield Bank
Exceptional Senior Living
- 455 North End Ave., New York, NY 10282
- Spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom style plans to suit every taste
- Our full-service dining program offers delicious, freshly prepared meals that are served by our friendly, well-trained wait staff
- Our trained and licensed transportation staff provides door-to-door services to popular shopping, restaurants, and services in the community.
- There's always something fun and exciting to do here. Our diverse programs, outings and events offer something for everyone.
- Our concierge will take care of you...from helping with your packages or arranging for a special evening on the town to answering any questions you may have.
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.