3 Featured 55 Plus Living Communities in the Rock Hill Area
Now Open: Leasing FAST!
- 2230 Orson Drive, Indian Land, SC 29707
- Visit Our Website
All Inclusive Housekeeping Pets Welcome Restaurant Style Dining
- A choice of floor plans, apartment size, and balcony/ deck options.
- Signature Freedom Dining program means professional chefs, flexible dining hours, and four meal choices every day: casual buffet, fine dining, chef's pantry, or room service.
- Travel Program: Residents can travel to any of our RLC communities in the United States to enjoy the same benefits as in their home community. With a maximum set of days within a calendar year, your stay is free.
- Stadium seating theater for movies , live music, and more!
- Live-in managers, 24-hour concierge/valet parking, and scheduled transportation. Utilities Include: Cable, Internet and Phone Service. Our Main Street with amenities, like a salon, pharmacy, gift shop, and a bank. (Fee based services)
A MODERN COMMUNITY FOR ADULTS AGES 55+
- 5840 Dixie River Road, Charlotte, NC 28278
- Visit Our Website
Near Medical Facilities Pets Welcome Sidewalks
Starting at $1390.00 per month
- Upscale Living
- Resort-Style Amenities
- Pet Friendly
- One and two bedroom options
- Fitness studio with yoga room plus on demand class technology
6 55 Plus Living Communities in the Rock Hill Area
Affordable living for active 55+ independent seniors at The Dorchester in Pineville, North Carolina!
2 bed 2 bath $200.00 off per month (now $2430 for apt # 3308). ½ off the $1000.00 community fee on the Myers Park apt
- Daily Activities Program
- Monthly Social Events & Seasonal Functions
- All residents receive a monthly dinner calendar at the beginning of each month so they can plan ahead on when to cook in or eat out
- Cats, dogs are permitted
- Wide variety of floor plans available
We Can’t Wait to Meet You.
- 1330 India Hook Rd, Rock Hill, SC 29732
- Elegantly casual dining room
- Fitness room with exercise equipment, sauna room, indoor, heated pool, putting green
- Lounge areas, movie theater, billiard and game room, library, hair salon, woodworking shop
- Bi-weekly housekeeping & weekly flat laundry
Premier Independent Living in Rock Hill, South Carolina
- 745 Dilworth Lane, Rock Hill, SC 29732
- No Buy In Or Endowment Fee
- Housekeeping & Transportation
- Exciting Event Calendar
- Chef Prepared Meals
- Emergency Response System
It's not about retirement. It's about community.
- Elegant residences span a full continuum of lifestyle choices and services that cater to every need.
- enjoy a class at our fitness center, an evening at the pub with friends, or a movie with the grandchildren.
- No entrance fee; no buy in fee; no property purchase
- Offering a variety of dining options.
- Close proximity to refined shopping and recreation.
Settling Down Doesn't Mean Settling For Less
- 4009 Craig Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28211
Starting at 2,500.00
- Newly renovated apartments
- Emergency call systems located in each apartment, monitored 24 hours a day by a Licensed Nurse at the adjacent White Oak of Charlotte Skilled Nursing Facility
- Daily noon day meal served in our tastefully appointed dining rooms
- Scheduled transportation for professional appointments, shopping outings, banking and off campus events
- The elevator is centrally located within our community, along with ground floor entrances to each apartment
Independent Living in the Heart of Uptown
- 421 N Poplar Street, Charlotte, NC 28202
- 1 & 2 Bedroom Units. Newly offered 2's are $1186.00 monthly
- Onsite social service coordinator to assist residents with needs
- Ages 62 + Up, Independent Living
- Range, refrigerator and monthly utilities included
- Walking distance to Harris Teeter & CVS, lovely public park just behind the office
Other 55 Plus Living Communities in the Rock Hill Area
Independent Living Starts Here!
- Night Patrol
- On-Site Management
- Recreation Room
- Public Transportation
- Pets allowed
The Cypress of Charlotte
The Perfect Place To Have The Time Of Your Life
- 3442 Cypress Club Drive, Charlotte, NC 28210
- The Cypress clubhouse features lakefront fine dining, casual dining in the veranda.
- Members purchase their homes and enjoy the equity build-up and other advantages of home ownership.
- Sixteen different floor plans offering sizes from 800 to 3,100 square feet
- Garages and covered parking are available
- A health center providing assisted living, Alzheimer's and skilled nursing care is also part of the community.
The Barclay at SouthPark
Just Your Place. Just Your Pace.
- 6010 Fairview Rd, Charlotte, NC 28210
- Grand Lobby, Courtyard and Living Areas
- Library, Card room & Art studio
- Salt Water Pool and Hot Tub
- Valet Parking & Concierge
- Weekly Housekeeping & Linen Service
Loftin at Montcross
A quiet retreat in a relaxing luxury apartment community for seniors 62+
- 844 Hawley Ave, Belmont, NC 28012
- Pet Friendly
- Key Fob Building Access
- Fitness Center, Yoga Studio & Game Room
- Planned Social Activities
- Outdoor Patio with Sitting Area and Garden with Raised Beds
Brookdale Charlotte East
Exceptional Senior Living
- 6053 Wilora Lake Lodge, Charlotte, NC 28212
- Carefree Independent Living
- Beautiful Residential Setting
- Assisted Living and Health Care on Campus
- Chef Prepared Meals
- Community Garden
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.