5 Featured 55 Plus Living Communities in the Richmond Area
You're Right at Home
$650 Per Month
- All Utilities Included except phone and cable
- Studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 2 bath apartments with no entry fees
- Planned activities. Courtesy transportation to grocery store, shopping and entertainment
- Featuring a variety of affordable senior apartment floor plans with walk-in showers or tub
- Beautiful landscaped grounds and gardens
Richmond's Finest 50+ Senior Living Apartment Community
- New Pool and LIV Café Coming Soon!
- On Site Pharmacy, Grocery Store, Banking and Voting Precinct
- All Utilities Included as Well as Cable
- 13 Acres of Gated Walking Trails and a Huge Variety of Active Sports, Games and Exercise Options
- Social and Medical Transportation and At Least 5 Events Daily
Welcome Home to the Newly Renovated Acclaim at Carriage Hill! Ask About Our Special Offer!
- A Fully Packed Residents' Calendar with Activities in the Clubhouse and a Full Time Activities Director
- Outstanding Amenities That Provide a Lifestyle and Unparalleled Living
- Tile Kitchen Backsplash, Granite Counters, Brushed Nickle Finishes, Luxury Vinyl Wood Plank Flooring
- You'll Love Our Electronic Communications, Online Bill-pay and Online Service Requests
- Courtesy Shuttle Service. Maintenance-free Living. Water, Sewer, and Trash Removal Utilities Included
Exceptional Care. Exceptional Value
- Grand Clubhouse with formal dining, theater and wellness center
- Chef prepared handmade gourmet meals served restaurant style
- Group Shopping, Dining & Entertainment, Outings and day trips
- Personalized Care Services based on your needs
- Medical Director scheduled visits and on-site therapies
Welcome Home to Worry-Free Living!
- A resort lifestyle means choice and flexibility. It means doing as much or as little as you want to do. Happy hour, fitness classes, trips to the mall or trips abroad... It means living life to the fullest.
- Our month-to-month rent includes no hidden fees
- Resident Travel Program
- Home Care Support Available
1 55 Plus Living Communities in the Richmond Area
If You Can Dream It...The Barrington at Hioaks Can Make It Happen.
- Life Enrichment Program and Wellness Program
- LUXE Unlimited Salon with Pedicure/Manicure Services and Hair Stylists
- Activities Room with Big Screen TV
- Beautifully Landscaped Grounds with Individual Garden Areas, a Gazebo, and Breezeway with Benches
- Delicious, Nutritious Meals Prepared by Our Executive Chef with Service in a Restaurant-Like Setting
Other 55 Plus Living Communities in the Richmond Area
Coming Home - the best part of the day!
- 401 Norcroft Circle, Richmond, VA 23225
- Monitored community
- Social activities, transportation for shopping, banking
- Designer kitchen with dishwasher and disposal
- Washer/Dryers are available on site, or you may bring your own
- Pets welcome
- 4325 Crutchfield Street, Richmond, VA 23225
The Renaissance Apartments
- 1021 German School Road, Richmond, VA 23225
Heritage Oaks Retirement Community
Blending Independent Living With An Added Dimension Of Security
- 1100 German School Road, Richmond, VA 23225
- Included in your monthly rent: 3 elegant meals, full-time driver with transportation to shopping & medical appointments
- Weekly house keeping & linen service, Necesity Store and Pharmacy delivery
- Billiards & Exercise room, Beauty & Barber Shop, well stocked Library
- Outdoor Gardens, Chapel, Cafe
- Available 24/7 healthcare assistance
The Arbors Senior Apartments
NOW LEASING! Reintroducing The Arbors
- 7608 Forest Hill Avenue, Richmond, VA 23225
- NOW LEASING - Brand New premier senior apartments.
- Water included in rent.
- Full social calendar and outings, beauty salon/barber.
- Covered parking, fully equiped kitchens, emergency call systems, walk in closets and much more
- Call Dawn to reserve your new apartment home today!
Live the retirement lifestyle you've always imagined!
- 300 Twinridge Lane, Richmond, VA 23235
- Our on site management staff is always here for you
- Pets are part of your family and are welcome at your new home
- All utilities, housekeeping and meals are included
- Transportation is provided in our chauffeured shuttle bus
- Oustanding recreational and social activities program
Summerhill at Stony Point
A Unique Retirement Village
- 9250 Forest Hill Ave, Richmond, VA 23235
- Care free home ownership
- One- level, 1, 2, & 3 bedroom cottage style homes
- 24 hour security, gated community with med alert system
- Lakeside clubhouse w/optional dinning
- Transportation and social & wellness programs
The Crossings at Bon Air
A Life Fulfilling Retirement Community
- 9101 Midlothian Turnpike, Suite 700, Richmond, VA 23235
- Rental senior living apartments with no large up-front entrance fee.
- Fully appointed studio, one and two bedroom/two bathroom apartments.
- A unique assisted living service plan offering up to 30 minutes of personal care assistance per day.
- A specialized, secure memory care program.
- Skilled nursing and rehabilitation center located on-campus.
The Park at Ridgedale
Free Rent Until January 2006
- 5001 Ridgedale Parkway, Richmond, VA 23234
- 1 & 2 Bedroom Homes
- Monitored Emergency Pull Cords
- On Site Beauty Parlor/ Barber Shop
- Fully Equipped Deluxe Kitchen
- Pets Are Welcome
- 1400 Shirleydale Avenue, Richmond, VA 23231
- 301 Dabbs House Road, Richmond, VA 23223
- Friendly, social and active community
- Library, several lodges with fire places, business office with internet
- Fitness center
- On site Social Service office and senior specialist
- Affordably priced rents starting at $595
The Villas at Rose Hill
- 6225 Lakeside Ave, Richmond, VA 23228
The Atlantic at Brook Run
Call for Specials!
- 6000 Brook Road, Richmond, VA 23227
- Fully equipped Kitchen with Energy Star appliances
- Individually controlled heat and air
- Trash removal included in rent
- Handicap accessible plans available
- Small pets Welcome
Parham Park Place Apartments II
- 7590 East Parham Road, Richmond, VA 23294
Parham Park Place Apartments
- 7600 East Parham Road, Richmond, VA 23294
Brighton Gardens of Richmond
Commited to Caring
- 1800 Gaskins Rd, Richmond, VA 23238
- Beautifully Landscaped Courtyards
- Cable or Satelitte Tv and All Utilities Except Phone
- State-Of-The-Art Fire Safety System
- Washers and Dryers Available For Personal Use
- Full Service Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
Gracious, Independent Retirement Living
- 10300 Three Chopt Road, Richmond, VA 23233
- 24-hour resident managers
- Local Transportation provided, as well as, planned activities and outings
- Weekly house keeping and linen service
- Paid cable TV and utilites, except phone
- BRAND NEW - Reserve Your Suite now
Kings Grant Apartments
- 2300 Grants Circle, Richmond, VA 23238
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.