15 55 Plus Living Communities in the Plymouth Area
Welcome to Vicksburg Crossing - The right choice for today's seniors.
- 3155 Vicksburg Lane, Plymouth, MN 55447
- Designed for adults 55+, Vicksburg Crossing apartments combine charm with thoughtful details.
- Heated underground parking
- Library/computer room
- Community and exercise room
- Innovative floor plans provide convenience and style
A Secure, Satisfying & Pleasant Lifestyle for Independent Seniors
- 6315 55th Ave N, Crystal, MN 55428
- Spacious floor plans w/Screened balconies & Fully equipped kitchens
- Underground parking in a heated garage with a car wash
- Community Room with fireplace and kitchen
- Heat and water included in rent
- A full calendar of activities, events and games
Affordable Luxury Senior Living
- 6100 West Broadway, New Hope, MN 55428
- One and two bedroom homes w/Fully electric kitchens
- Transportation to Grocery, Events, Restaurants, Shopping Malls
- Planned Events & Activities
- Laundry on each floor
- Exercise Room/Library/Billiards Room
Peaceful Living in a Lovely Neighborhood
- 6046 West Broadway, New Hope, MN 55428
- Great views
- Indoor pool and hot tub & Heated outdoor pool
- Fitness center & Billiard room
- Transportation to shopping, special events, and groceries
- Rental assistance accepted
Senior Living with Distinction
- 8200 Main Street, Maple Grove, MN 55369
- Luxury senior apartment homes in a variety of styles and sizes
- A vibrant community where you will meet new friends who feel like family
- A setting convenient to services and activities
- State of the art Wellness Center, charming facilities and beautiful grounds
- Fine dining at every meal
Enjoy a Pleasant Lifestyle in Village Creek
- 7601 Zane Avenue, Brooklyn Park, MN 55443
- New cabinets, countertops & vinyl floors in the kitchens
- New appliances
- 24-hour maintenance service
- Social activities and events
- Transportation to grocery shopping
Promoting Wellness for a Vibrant Life!
- 3663 Park Center Boulevard, St. Louis Park, MN 55416
- Spacious apartment homes with beautiful views
- A vibrant community of residents and staff
- Conveniently situated near shopping and activities
- Beautifully landscaped grounds with outdoor patios and gardens
- It's no wonder our residents are so happy here!
- 16500 92nd Avenue North, Maple Grove, MN 55311
- One & two bedroom apartments with full-size kitchens
- Breakfast served daily
- Underground heated parking
- Wellness/Fitness room
- Community room with full kitchen
Friendship, Comfort, Fun and a Variety of Floorplans!
- 6125 North Lilac Drive, Brooklyn Center, MN 55430
- 12 unique floor plans
- Individual storage
- Controlled access building
- Heated underground parking
- Laundry room on each floor
An active 62 and better living community for seniors in Eden Prairie with the care options and amenities seniors deserve
- 8501 Flying Cloud Drive, Eden Prairie, MN 55344
- Roomy apartment homes and townhomes with beautiful views
- Organized social activities, cultural events and community outings
- Fully staffed wellness program, including aerobics
- Evening meals in the elegant dining room
- Priority access to Assisted Living and health care services at all locations
Exceptional Senior Living
- 3330 Edinborough Way, Edina, MN 55435
- Spacious one- and two-bedroom style plans to suit every taste
- Our full-service dining program offers three meals a day, prepared fresh and served by our friendly, well-trained wait staff.
- Our housekeeping staff will clean your apartment the way you want it cleaned every week.
- Our trained and licensed transportation staff provides door-to-door services to popular shopping, restaurants, and services in the community.
- With a variety of programs, outings and/or events daily, there's always something fun and exciting to do.
Caring With Compassion.
- 225 Frank Street, St. Paul, MN 55106
- The Residence at Marian of Saint Paul features assisted living and independent living apartments.
- The Care Center offers skilled nursing, transitional care, enhanced assisted living and memory care assisted living.
- The DayAway adult day center is adjacent to the Care Center.
Gracious Rental Living in White Bear Lake
- 4800 Division Ave., White Bear Lake, MN 55110
- Gas fireplaces in Town-Style Villas
- Indoor heated parking
- Concierge services
- Full social event calendar
- 24-hour emergency maintenance response
Caring for mind, body and spirit
- 9850 163rd Street West, Lakeville, MN 55044
- Offering countless programs and opportunities to nurture spirituality, increase physical and mental fitness, enhance a sense of well-being and encourage socializing
- Care teams including nurse practitioners, geriatric physicians and other providers who offer care on site
- Wi-Fi based Healthsense® technology which helps communicate and resolve any client's potential health and safety issues
- “Aging in Place” services that adapt to your changing needs while you stay in your apartment
- Our Life Long Learning program, offering many opportunities for personal growth and creative expression
White Bear Lake Minnesota Independent Senior Living
- 3666 E County Line N, White Bear Lake, MN 55110
- Comfortable apartments in a variety of sizes that allow you the freedom to furnish in any style that appeals to you.
- Perfectly balanced, perfectly delicious meals made from scratch and served in our restaurant-style dining room.
- We love having cats and dogs as part of our community. After all, they are part of the family.
- All of your utilities are included in your monthly rent. That includes cable TV, heat, and air conditioning, everything except your phone bill.
- We know how much seniors value their freedom, so we offer month-to-month leases with no long-term commitment. Enjoy this all-inclusive lifestyle on your terms.
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.