3 Featured 55 Plus Living Communities in the Pawleys Island Area
An Upscale Senior Living Community in Murrells Inlet, SC
- Spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments
- Chef-prepared meals & Private dining available
- Beauty salon/barber shop
- Outdoor swimming pool, Fitness center & wellness spa
- Media room/theater Arts and crafts areas
High-Quality Independent Senior Living in an Ideal Coastal Setting
- kick off mornings with an invigorating exercise class, or sip coffee or a refreshing sweet tea from the comfort of your own private balcony or patio
- Break a sweat in our senior fitness center, get in on a spirited billiards or card game, be creative with arts and crafts, or sign up for local day trips and excursions to area beaches, attractions and more.
- Independent senior living in our community gives you the option to cook for yourself, entertain friends in your apartment home, or join friends and neighbors for delicious, chef-made meals in our dining room.
- We offer a range of stylish suites and one- and two-bedroom apartment homes, all of which are part of a delightful, maintenance-free lifestyle
- Enjoy classic comfort favorites, regionally inspired dishes, and flavors from around the world, all made from scratch daily by a professional culinary team.
Welcome to Indigo Carolina Forest An Upscale Senior Living Community NOW Open in Myrtle Beach, SC
- Artful Dining® The Myrtle Beach, SC area is filled with a bounty of fresh ingredients our chefs craft into seasonal menus, featuring dishes making this part of the country legendary. Imagine dining on perfectly prepared chicken, and then sharing tall tales over desserts like homemade pecan pie. The best meals start with the best ingredients, but always end with good friends and family around the table.
- Zestful Activities® What’s on the itinerary today? Tomorrow? We have scheduled outings for shopping and entertainment around the area. Painting, Bingo, and even a corn hole tournament is likely to start up during the week. We haven’t even mentioned the afternoon walking club or social hour! These are just a few of the activities certain to keep your days full. There is no shortage of ZESTFUL Activities® here to keep the body healthy and the mind sharp.
- Heartful Care® Everyone who stays at Indigo Carolina Forest is unique, and we know it. When you walk through our doors, you’re not a resident, you’re family. We treat you like we’d treat any family member – with compassion and respect. We call it HEARTFUL Care®. From wellness programs to the latest health trends, to our friendly 24/7 staff, you can have peace-of-mind that southern-style care is always available.
- Offering Independent Living, Residential Villa Homes, Assisted Living and Memory Care
- We would love to meet you and share everything Indigo Carolina Forest has to offer. Please contact us for an appointment or more information.
2 55 Plus Living Communities in the Pawleys Island Area
Luxury Senior Living Community on Pawleys Island, SC
- 120 Lakes at Litchfield Drive, Pawleys Island, SC 29585
- Nestled conveniently in the quiet beaches of Pawleys Island
- Featuring a nationally recognized, award-winning wellness program and dining services equal to any high-end restaurant
- Members of The Lakes at Litchfield enjoy a clubhouse designed to facilitate fun and spur an active life
- From watching movies to surfing the Internet,from painting a canvas to sculpting a creation,.from before dinner drinks to after dinner cocktails,the Clubhouse at The Lakes at Litchfield offers a venue for almost any occasion
- The Lakes at Litchfield is the preferred choice for people who want to live long, live well and live independently
Luxury Senior Living Community in Myrtle Beach, SC
- 101 Brightwater Dr., Myrtle Beach, SC 29579
- Situated on 60 acres, backed by the Lewis Bay Ocean Tract and fronted by wetlands
- very close to the shops, restaurants and excitement of Myrtle Beach
- Wellness and social activities
- Featuring single-family homes, villa homes, assisted living, skilled nursing and rehabilitation
- enjoy a burden-free, fun-filled and invigorating life
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.