1 55 Plus Living Communities in the Pahrump Area
A 55+ Gated Golf Community
- 130 Montecito Dr, Pahrump, NV 89048
- Residents enjoy many activities together like community BBQs, movie nights, golfing, swimming, and cooking.
- Just a few steps from your backdoor is a spacious 6000 sq. ft. clubhouse where you and your friends can gather together to enjoy a wide variety of constant entertainment that Desert Greens offers. Besides daily scheduled activities like casino night, movie night, billiards and horseshoes tournaments, line dancing and cookouts...
- Daytime or nighttime, indoors or outdoors, there are many events and activities readily available to you at the Desert Greens Community, keeping you and your new friends entertained endlessly.
- Living in Pahrump Comes with Huge Benefits. From lower gasoline prices and insurance rates to more enjoyable weather and less traffic, you'll enjoy so many things about living here!
- The Rural Health Management Corporation opened a 70,000 sq. ft. acute care hospital, Desert View Regional Medical Center, adjacent to the community. There is also a VA clinic located right next to the hospital. Health care has never been so convenient.
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.