1 Featured 55 Plus Living Communities in the Oak Creek Area
At Franciscan Villa, we are dedicated to providing seniors a lifestyle they can call their own with a variety of residential options and onsite amenities tailored to their individual needs.
- Franciscan Villa - our skilled nursing facility.
- Franciscan Courts - a 39-unit assisted living apartment complex for the mostly-independent seniors.
- Franciscan Gardens - a 48-unit assisted living apartment complex dedicated to the care of the frail elderly and residents with early memory loss.
- Francis House - a 64-unit memory care assisted living facility.
14 55 Plus Living Communities in the Oak Creek Area
Welcome to ManorPointe Oak Creek Independent Senior Living
- 700 East Stonegate Drive, Oak Creek, WI 53154
- Pet Friendly
- A choice of spacious apartments, all with fully-equipped kitchens
- Washers & dryers in every apartment
- A full calendar of exciting activities
- Local transportation to shopping and activities
Full Amenities and Scenic Views in Milwaukee
- 1500 W. Sonata Drive, Milwaukee, WI 53221
- Independent Living and Assisted Living apartments and services
- Needlepoint Bipolar Ionization (NBPI) system: Installed in all shared common spaces throughout our campus. NBPI is proven to eliminate 99.4% of airborne bacteria, molds, allergens, and viruses.
- Lifestyle Enrichment staff to plan activities, outings, gatherings and more, all based on resident interest
- Close to shopping, restaurants, and grocery stores; free scheduled transportation
- Spacious, open-concept apartments, most with a scenic view of Wilson Park
New Friends and Familiar Neighbors
- 2500 E. Howard Avenue, St. Francis, WI 53235
- Independent - The choices range from studio apartments, with a full kitchen and private bath, to large two bedroom apartments with balconies
- Assisted Living - You may choose apartments ranging from studios featuring a complete kitchen and private bath to one bedroom units. Select 2 bedroom based upon availability.
- Delicious home-style meals are served for lunch and dinner everyday. Our restaurant-style setting makes it seem more like dining than simply eating.
- Housekeeping and laundry services can be arranged as desired. Heated underground parking is available.
- 24-hour staffing for emergency response, scheduled transportation to pre-planned group outings, and the use of Howard Village's complete facilities are all part of the monthly fee as well.
New Friends are Just Around the Corner
- 9200 W. Layton Avenue, Greenfield, WI 53228
- Independent - The choices range from studio apartments to large two bedroom apartments with balconies and luxury amenities.
- Assisted Living - Choices range from studio apartments featuring a complete kitchen and private bath to large two bedroom apartments with balconies.
- Dementia Care - Both studio and one bedroom apartments with private bathrooms are available.
- Three delicious meals are freshly prepared in our kitchen daily.
- Heated underground parking is also available.
caring - dignity - family...through healthcare innovation
- 3933 S. Prairie Hill Lane, Greenfield, WI 53228
- One and Two Bedroom Apartments
- Weekly Housekeeping
- Customizable Meals
- Flat Linen Service
- Independent Activity Room
Friendship and Support for Enjoying Every Day
- 5301 West Lincoln Avenue, West Allis, WI 53219
- Three delicious meals offered per day, served restaurant-style (Two meal included per day)
- Choice of spacious studio, one and two bedroom apartments
- Relaxation spa with whirlpool
- Library, beauty parlor and barbershop and country store
- Computer Center and Library
VMP Active Senior Living... For the Time of Your Life in Milwaukee!
- 3023 S 84th Street, West Allis, WI 53227
- 24 hour emergency call system
- Meals served in our attractive dining room
- Scheduled group transportation and social activities
- Security that comes with extensive healthcare on-site
- Studio, one and two bedroom apartments
All the Pleasures of Home Without the Worries
- 1820 S. 75th St., West Allis, WI 53214
- Independent - The choices range from elegant studios to large two bedroom apartments all with a full kitchen and private bath, some with balconies.
- Assisted Living - Our studio, one and two bedroom apartments feature a complete kitchen and private bath.
- 24-hour staffing for emergency response, scheduled transportation, recreational programming and the use of all Library Square facilities are part of the affordable monthly fees.
- Housekeeping and laundry services can be arranged as desired, and washers and dryers are conveniently located throughout the community.
- Heated underground parking is also available.
Quality of Living by Design
- 1441 South 68th Street, West Allis, WI 53214
- A variety of spacious one and two bedroom apartment homes
- Some apartments include a balcony or patio, dining room, fireplace or washer/dryer connections
- Optional heated, underground parking
- No enrollment or endowment fees
- 24-hour emergency communication system
Milwaukee's Premier Lakefront Retirement Community
- 1840 North Prospect Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Taylor's fine dining restaurant overlooking Lake Michigan
- Bistro with casual dining and vibrant cityscapes and cozy fireplace and gathering space
- State of the art fitness center, including warm water pool and whirlpool
- Cultural Arts Center featuring lectures, concerts, movies, and performances
- Well-stocked library-books, books on tape/CD, periodicals, DVD's, games, music and magazines
A Friendly Place to Call Home
- 6600 W. River Parkway, Wauwatosa, WI 53213
- 24-hour staffing for emergency response, scheduled transportation, recreational programming and the use of all of Hart Part Square facilities are available at no additional charge.
- Homestyle meals that are freshly prepared are served daily in our dining room. Service is provided restaurant style by our friendly waitstaff.
- Recreational programming and the use of all Hart Park Square's facilities are included in the monthly rent at no additional charge.
- Heated garage parking is available, and scheduled transportation to pre-planned events, outings and shopping is provided.
- Housekeeping and laundry services can be arranged as desired. Some apartments have a washer and dryer within, and there are laundry facilities conveniently located throughout the building on each floor.
Convenience, Camaraderie & Community
- 2462 N. Prospect Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53211
- A fully equipped therapy department in the Health Center is available to residents for outpatient use.
- The Residence offers a chauffeur service. Residents may schedule round trip transportation for a nominal fee.
- Residents enjoy great food and have wonderful conversations with their friends
- Activities such as current events, book club, bridge and crafts are opportunities to connect and make new friends
- The Ballroom hosts a variety of activities such as evening performances, holiday parties and art shows
Comfort and Community in Sturtevant
- 8800 Shannon Ln, Sturtevant, WI 53177
- One- and two-bedroom apartment styles, most with a patio or balcony.
- All residents can benefit from spending less time on household chores and more time doing the things they love with our Active Life Service Options.
- Residents who request or require assistance with daily living activities may take part in our Enhanced Services Program without having to move from their apartment.
Be Inspired. Everyday!
- 100 W. River Woods Parkway, Glendale, WI 53217
- Brand-new community offering Assisted Living and A Knew Day Memory Care
- Spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments
- VIVA!SM programming designed around the seven dimensions of wellness: social, emotional, spiritual, intellectual, physical, occupational and environmental
- All-day dining available in the Grand View Dining room, featuring delicious, farm-to-table selections using fresh, flavorful and nutritious ingredients
- Luxurious amenities, including the Silver Spring theater, Glen Library, Bayside Piano Lounge and Sundara Salon and Spa
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.