17 55 Plus Living Communities in the North Andover Area
Surrounded by Beauty. Connected to the World.
- 575 Osgood Street, North Andover, MA 01845 $$
Entrance Fees Required
- Community and private dining rooms
- Coffee shop, cocktail lounge & a charming 65 seat bistro
- Heated indoor swimming pool and whirlpool
- Fitness center with exercise, aquatics classes, arthritis classes, and strength-training classes
- Excellent dining with choice of venues
Peabody senior living, conveniently located on Boston's north shore
- 100 Brooksby Village Drive, Peabody, MA 01960 $
AVG Rate: $3200 monthly
- Brooksby Village has a variety of maintenance-free apartment homes to choose from, more than other Peabody senior living communities offer.
- Participate in resident-run clubs and activities that meet regularly on our Peabody senior living campus, there are hundreds to choose from!
- Sample a variety of delicious food choices served daily in our on-site restaurants.
- Swim laps year-round in the indoor heated pool or stay strong in the fitness center.
- Revisit a favorite hobby, pastime or activity. The opportunities for fun are endless!
Brightview Danvers serves Peabody, Salem, Danvers, Marblehead, Beverly and the surrounding area.
- 50 Endicott Street, Danvers, MA 01923 $$$
Avg Price: $5500 monthly
- Deluxe studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments
- Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, oven, microwave, garbage disposal and refrigerator with ice maker
- Inviting outdoor spaces for exercise, dining, gardening or just relaxing
- Free, designated resident parking
- Real Movie Theatre complete with theater seating and popcorn
Experience a Thriving Retirement Community
- 20 Summer Street, Chelmsford, MA 01824
- Spacious studio, one-bedroom or two-bedroom senior apartments come with generous closet space, a kitchenette, walk-in tub, individual thermostat controls, and a patio or balcony.
- Enjoy chef-prepared meals daily and stay active with our calendar of social and recreational events.
- We love having cats and dogs as part of our community. After all, they are part of the family.
- Spa Services, Fitness Equipment, Barber/Beauty Salon, Private Dining Room and More!
- Guest Suites Available
Resort-Style Senior Living in Woburn with Premium Care
- 3 Rehabilitation Way, Woburn, MA 01801 $$$
- Terrific golf course views
- Studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments
- Multipurpose great room for entertainment, presentations and gatherings
- Lovely dining room serving chef-prepared meals
- Mulligan's Pub, a favorite social spot
A Distinguished 130-Year History
- 360 Mount Auburn Street, Cambridge, MA 02138 $$$
- We offer a range of accommodations and service packages to meet individual needs and preferences
- Three delicious meals prepared daily by our chef & served by wait staff
- A full program of social, educational, cultural & spiritual activities
- Scheduled group outings in our private van
- Weekly apartment housekeeping & daily trash removal
Welcome to Concord Park
- 68 Commonwealth Ave, Concord, MA 01742
- We offer a range of accommodations and services to meet individual needs and preferences
- Delicious meals prepared daily by our chef & served by wait staff
- A full program of social, educational, cultural & spiritual activities
- Wellness Program, including exercise classes to improve strength & balance
- Access to on-site trained personal care staff 24 hours a day
Welcome to Beacon House!
- 19 Myrtle Street, Boston, MA 02114 $
Subsidized, 30%of income
- Modern studio and one-bedroom apartments with fully equipped kitchens and baths
- Seven apartments fully adapted for wheelchairs
- Comfortable atrium, community room, and library
- Computer lab with professional classes for residents
- On-site access to MGH Senior HealthWISE program
Welcome to Cabot Park Village Independent Senior Living in Newton, MA
- 280 Newtonville Avenue, Newton, MA 02460 $$$$
- A variety of private apartment styles and sizes
- Reliable weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Heated indoor saline pool
- General store
- Fitness center & Exercise classes
Attractive, comfortable and affordable housing
- 2053R Columbus Avenue, Roxbury, MA 02119
- One-bedroom apartments measure 540 square feet
- Each unit contains a full kitchen and private bath and is designed for a one to two-person household
- Elevator service, central air-conditioning, heat, laundry and trash compacting
- All units are carpeted and pre-wired for cable
- Spencer House is ideal for people who utilize public transportation and enjoy the proximity to Franklin Park
Welcome to Springhouse
- 46 Allandale St, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
- Gracious dining room with private room for entertaining
- Art gallery and cafe
- Fitness and exercise room
- Lovely outdoor seating, gardens and patios
- On-site physical and occupational services
Life Your Way
- 1205-1215 Centre Street, West Roxbury, MA 02132 $
- We are a unique senior living community that offers an affordable lifestyle in a modern facility on a lovely campus setting
- Two senior living options on our campus - 66 spacious Independent Living apartments & 36 private Supportive Living suites
- Our location affords easy access to world-class medical care, rich cultural and educational resources, sporting events, fine dining and shopping
- Community rooms on the ground floor invite friendly gatherings and social events, and provide venues for our extensive activities program
- Sophia Snow Place offers unusual value in today's senior living environment
Welcome to the Residence at Paine Estate
- 10 Green Way, Wayland, MA 01778 $$
- 24-hour availability of a trained staff
- A choice of apartments
- An emergency call system in every apartment
- Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
- Scheduled local transportation
Step into a unique living experience at One Wingate Way
- 235 Gould Street, Needham, MA 02494
- Spacious apartments in a variety of layouts, from 710sqft to 1036sqft
- Casual dining in the Club Lounge with pool table and bar
- Theater with Bose sound system, comfortable seating and mini bar
- Life Enrichment programs featuring weekly lectures, musicians, excursions and more
- AQUA by Wingate Fitness and Wellness Center
Affordable living for middle income elders...
- 17 Florence Street, Roslindale, MA 02131
- 17 one-bedroom cooperatively owned apartments especially designed to meet the needs of persons 55 years of age or older
- No income limit on residents
- On-site staff to respond to after business hours emergencies
- Private parking lot
- Emergency call cords located in bathrooms and bedrooms
Independent Living and Assisted Living in Quincy Bay
- 99 Brackett St., Quincy, MA 02169 $$
- Spacious studio, one and two-bedroom apartments
- Emergency response system for added peace of mind
- Balcony (excluding studios) for private outdoor living space
- Our general store makes it easy to pick up some last minute things or everyday items for your apartment.
- Our full-service dining program offers three meals a day, prepared with only the freshest ingredients, and a variety of menu options.
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.