5 Featured 55 Plus Living Communities in the Midlothian Area
Welcome Home to Worry-Free Living!
- A resort lifestyle means choice and flexibility. It means doing as much or as little as you want to do. Happy hour, fitness classes, trips to the mall or trips abroad... It means living life to the fullest.
- Our month-to-month rent includes no hidden fees
- Resident Travel Program
- Home Care Support Available
You're Right at Home
- All Utilities Included except phone and cable
- Studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and 2 bath apartments with no entry fees
- Planned activities. Courtesy transportation to grocery store, shopping and entertainment
- Featuring a variety of affordable senior apartment floor plans with walk-in showers or tub
- Beautiful landscaped grounds and gardens
Best Retirement Community in Richmond, Virginia
- Grand Clubhouse with formal dining, theater and wellness center
- Chef prepared handmade gourmet meals served restaurant style
- Group Shopping, Dining & Entertainment, Outings and day trips
- Personalized Care Services based on your needs
- Medical Director scheduled visits and on-site therapies
Welcome Home to the Newly Renovated Acclaim at Carriage Hill! Ask About Our Special Offer!
- A Fully Packed Residents' Calendar with Activities in the Clubhouse and a Full Time Activities Director
- Outstanding Amenities That Provide a Lifestyle and Unparalleled Living
- Tile Kitchen Backsplash, Granite Counters, Brushed Nickle Finishes, Luxury Vinyl Wood Plank Flooring
- You'll Love Our Electronic Communications, Online Bill-pay and Online Service Requests
- Courtesy Shuttle Service. Maintenance-free Living. Water, Sewer, and Trash Removal Utilities Included
Richmond's Finest 50+ Senior Living Apartment Community
- New Pool and LIV Café Coming Soon!
- On Site Pharmacy, Grocery Store, Banking and Voting Precinct
- All Utilities Included as Well as Cable
- 13 Acres of Gated Walking Trails and a Huge Variety of Active Sports, Games and Exercise Options
- Social and Medical Transportation and At Least 5 Events Daily
2 55 Plus Living Communities in the Midlothian Area
If You Can Dream It...The Barrington at Hioaks Can Make It Happen.
- Life Enrichment Program and Wellness Program
- LUXE Unlimited Salon with Pedicure/Manicure Services and Hair Stylists
- Activities Room with Big Screen TV
- Beautifully Landscaped Grounds with Individual Garden Areas, a Gazebo, and Breezeway with Benches
- Delicious, Nutritious Meals Prepared by Our Executive Chef with Service in a Restaurant-Like Setting
Enjoy a Carefree Lifestyle with Maintenance-Free Living in a Beautiful Setting
- Revolutionary Air Purification Technology
- Executive Chef Prepared Meals Daily with Tableside Beer and Wine Service
- Life Enrichment Programs and Personalized Care Plans
- A Variety of Social, Educational, and Cultural Opportunities are Available to All of Our Residents
- We Are Not a Buy-in Community and All Utilities Are Included
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.