3 Featured 55 Plus Living Communities in the Marlton Area
BEST RETIREMENT COMMUNITY IN VOORHEES, NJ
- Comfortable apartments in a variety of sizes that allow you the freedom to furnish in any style that appeals to you.
- Perfectly balanced, perfectly delicious meals made from scratch and served in our restaurant-style dining room.
- We love having cats and dogs as part of our community. After all, they are part of the family.
- All of your utilities are included in your monthly rent. That includes cable TV, heat, and air conditioning, everything except your phone bill.
- We know how much seniors value their freedom, so we offer month-to-month leases with no long-term commitment. Enjoy this all-inclusive lifestyle on your terms.
Every Day is a Vacation at Allegria at the Fountains
- Residents choose from spacious one and two bedroom apartments and a maintenance-free lifestyle.
- Concierge Services
- Activity rooms, lounges, library, arts and crafts rooms
- Exercise trails, nature areas and a gazebo, Community Greenhouse
- Weekly household maintenance and linen service included, personal laundry available
LOVE. LIFE. HERE.®
- Staff available 24 hours a day; Emergency call system
- 3 daily chef-prepared meals
- Full calendar of engaging activities & events, including a craft room with sewing, knitting and quiliting
- Weekly housekeeping
- Scheduled transportation
9 55 Plus Living Communities in the Marlton Area
170 Greentree Road, Marlton, NJ 08053
- Fitness Center
- Beauty Parlor/Barber Shop
- 1 and 2 Bedroom Apartments
- Movie Theater
- Internet Cafe
Exceptional Senior Living
1 Brendenwood Drive, Voorhees, NJ 08043
- Spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom floorplans
- Pet friendly
- Emergency alert system
- Beauty/barber shop
A Small-Town Feel at Our Retirement Community in Moorestown, NJ
309 Bridgeboro Rd, Moorestown, NJ 08057
- Home Maintenance
- Fitness Center, Aquatics Center
- Restaurant-Style Dining, Cafe
- Courtyard with Putting Green
An award-winning, environmentally friendly, 55+ community
901 Norcross Rd, Lindenwold, NJ 08021
- Clubhouse with great room, beauty salon, smart card laundry center
- Visiting doctor’s office
- Controlled building access
- Accessible for people with disabilities
- Professional on-site management, 24-hour emergency maintenance
NEW PATHWAYS, NEW POSSIBILITIES
1 Medford Leas, Medford, NJ 08055
- Fitness centers staffed with personal trainers
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pools, canoe and kayak launches, biking/activity paths, exercise studios, tennis courts
- Art studios, wood-and-metal workshops, libraries and theaters, a game room, a pool table and table tennis
- Multiple dining venues
- Over 90 activities and committees, events, and interest groups
Retire Well. Retire Here. Discover a higher standard of senior living.
600 Centerton Rd, Moorestown, NJ 08057
- Live-in Managers, 24/7 Concierge Services
- Medical Alert System
- Valet Parking Services
- Daily Social Invitations & Activities, Health & Wellness Programs, Shopping & Outings
- Resident Travel Program
LIVE, WORK, PLAY IN STYLE
600 K. Johnson Blvd, Bordentown, NJ 08505
- Active Community
- Open + Light Spaces
- Community Room
- Fitness Room
- Shuttle Service
A great way to live.
2 Terrace Rd, Browns Mills, NJ 08015
- Seasonal, outdoor heated swimming pool
- Full-time maintenance staff
- Secured compound area
- Stocked pond for catch and release fishing
- Monthly fee includes: taxes, sewer, trash pick-up, cable television, snow removal
Senior Living with a View in Wallingford
2700 Chestnut Rd, Chester, PA 19013
- Support from a wide range of specialists such as podiatrists and psychiatric staff
- Wellness center for on-site health care
- Transportation to appointments, shopping trips, & excursions
- Find comfort knowing that physical, medical, emotional, and social needs are prioritized each day.
- Join in on enriching group activities or enjoy the beautiful outdoor spaces including a gazebo, walking paths or a homey front porch.
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.