2 Featured 55 Plus Living Communities in the Lexington Area
Welcome Home to Worry Free Living -Luxury All-Inclusive Retirement Community
- A choice of floor plans, apartment size, and balcony/ deck options.
- Signature Freedom Dining program means professional chefs, flexible dining hours, and four meal choices every day: casual buffet, fine dining, chef's pantry, or room service.
- Travel Program: Residents can travel to any of our RLC communities in the United States to enjoy the same benefits as in their home community. With a maximum set of days within a calendar year, your stay is free.
- Stadium seating theater for movies , live music, and more!
- Live-in managers, 24-hour concierge/valet parking, and scheduled transportation. Utilities Include: Cable, Internet and Phone Service. Our Main Street with amenities, like a salon, pharmacy, gift shop, and a bank. (Fee based services)
BEST RETIREMENT COMMUNITY IN COLUMBIA, SC
- Spectacular Dining Experience: We have everything from chef-prepared entrees and homemade desserts to our excellent tableside service that will make your dining experience worth-remembering all the time.
- Exciting Activities & Events: Get the best out of our fun games, activities, and entertainment, through the assistance of our director.
- Invigorating Health & Fitness: We have a team of health and wellness professionals who will guide residents in their health programs, which are customized to their needs, thus assuring a safe experience while keeping fit every single day.
- Our residences are built on spacious floor plans, using upscale finishes. From there, you also live comfortably with the assistance of our housekeeping and maintenance team.
- Stress-Free Concierge Assistance: Enjoy each day without the usual hustle and bustle of daily chores and errands. Allow our concierge to assist you with these needs.
10 55 Plus Living Communities in the Lexington Area
Ask about our efficiency apts. Rent based on income.
- Adjacent To Lexington Medical Center
- Efficiency Apartments/cable TV available
- One Story Quadruplex Brick Buildings
- Kitchen With Range & Frost Free Refridgerator
- Beautifully Landscaped, personal gardening area
We love our seniors and it shows!
- 24-Hour Staff Assistance and Respite for short-term stays
- Daily Exercises Classes to encourage flexibility
- Three Restaurant Style Meals with Daily Snacks and Beverages
- Family nights, regular festive and holiday events
- Southern Style Front Porch with endless Rocking Chair Therapy
Discovering a new way to live
1805 Devine St, Columbia, SC 29201
- Christopher Towers has 71 units which are classified under the HUD 236 program.
- 225 Comfortable Apartment Homes
- Stove Refridgerator and Wall to Wall Carpet In Each Unit
- Cable TV Access
- Utilities (Electric, Gas & Water) Included In Rent
Live Each Day More Inspired.
- Community Atmosphere
- Kitchens With Stove & Rerfridgerator
- Large Baths
- Activity & Exercise Programs
- Subsidized Apartments Available
Where you are family!
- A faith based, non-profitcontinuing care community located in NE Columbia
- 24 hour Nursing assistance
- Chef prepared meals
- Life enrichment with activities and exercise classes
- One & two bedroom apartements with balconies, inclusive rates. Assisted Living also available
To Enrich Lives and be Faithful Stewards of All Entrusted To Us.
- To ensure exceptional care for our residents, we have an on-site Health Services Director, resident care aides and medication technicians
- Our care team is available 24/7, to ensure that our residents get the care they need.
- Luxuriously landscaped outdoor patio, gardens and walking paths.
- Bright and cheerful dining area and recreation room for crafts and community activities.
- We offer Independent, Assisted Living and Memory Care
Living Well At Inspire Sandhill Active Senior 55+ Apartments
- Gorgeous One, Two & Three Bedroom Layouts with Chef-Inspired Kitchens
- Granite Counters / Stainless Steel Appliances
- Private Balconies / Spacious Walk-In Closets / In-Unit Washer & Dryer
- Beautiful Community Pool / Spa
- Creative Art Center / Theater Room / Library
Now this is living ... senior living! Come see for yourself!
123 Gibson Road, Lexington, SC 29072
- Elegant Clubhouse on site for private dinner parties, receptions or catered events.
- Our Elevate® dining program is an enhanced culinary experience, integrating fresh cooking with our residents’ favorite home-style meals.
- Each home beautifully appointed with elegant kitchens, wide entryways, and beautiful landscaping.
- Lagoon on site with walking paths.
- At The Village at Southlake, independent living means living a vibrant life on your terms.
Gracious living in a caring environment
700 DaVega Drive, Lexington, SC 29073
- Open to people of all faiths
- Wellness programming
- Cultural and social events
- Walking Paths and boardwalks to Saluda River
- Organization with over 60 years of service in SC
Affordable Living at its best in Downtown, Columbia, SC
1003 Elmwood Ave, Columbia, SC 29201
- Located in the heart of downtown Columbia
- Historical senior living community
- Easy access to public transportation
- Elevator convenience
- Controlled entry building
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.