5 Featured 55 Plus Living Communities in the Land O' Lakes Area
Exceptional Care Meets Stylish Senior Living in Tampa
- On-site Medical Director
- Professional Team Available 24 Hours a Day
- Delicious Chef-Prepared Gourmet Meals
- Social Activities, Classes, Clubs, Games, Outings & More!
- Health & Fitness Center and Media Center with Brain Fitness
Where Quality of Care Comes First
- Independent Living that offers 24 hour access to nursing and home health services
- Assisted Living with 24 hour nursing services, an on site physician, and therapy access
- Skilled Nursing offering Short Term Rehab and Long Term Care Placement- We accept Medicaid
- Freshly prepared meals and on site entertainment 7 days per week
- Need Short Term Placement For Your Loved One? We welcome respite stays as short as three days.
Welcome to Regency Oaks!
Starting at $2,595.00 per month
- All utilities except phone and internet
- Weekly housekeeping with flat linen service
- Restaurant-style dining, including a pub/sports bar
- Around-the-clock security and emergency call system with daily check-in service
- Scheduled transportation
All inclusive Waterfront Retirement Community
- Amazing Staff covering various levels of care - Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care and Skilled Nursing
- 3 Chef prepared meals, served in a restaurant setting
- Semi-Private, studios, One-Bedrooms, One-Bedroom Deluxe, Two-Bedrooms - Floor Plans Vary!!!
- Daily activities and Social Programs including Special Events and Outings
- Library with computer access, Fitness Room, Waterfront walking path, and full service beauty & barber shop.
Treat Yourself to a Carefree Lifestyle
Starting at $2,000
- Independent, Assisted Living, Rehabilitation & Long Term Care
- Beautifully landscaped 16 Acres
- Restaurant Style Dining open 7:00 am - 6:30 pm
- Privately owned with longevity of staff and management
- Numerous activities on and off property
13 55 Plus Living Communities in the Land O' Lakes Area
Providing Retirement Apartments, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, and Rehabilitation at Hawthorne Village
Starting From : $75 per day
- Now providing message therapy in our newly expanded Rehabilitation building!
- Elegant, intimate community for those 55 or better continuing through all levels of care.
- Providing an alternative lifestyle to nursing home care. Live independently and still have assisted care day or night.
- On site rehabilitation to rebuild lives after being hospitalized for a major illness or severe trauma.
- We strive to keep and maintain the highest standards in quality care and safety.
Opt Out of Average Senior Living
- With Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care options, we have a program for every need.
- Our community hosts happy hours and holiday celebrations in addition to support groups, hobby groups and so much more.
- Beautifully landscaped 9-acre campus
- Inviting outdoor heated pool, Shuffleboard, Fitness Center, Private dog park and more!
- 24-hour nurse access
Welcome to Your New Home
- With a variety of floor plan options, designed to maximize space and create comfortable surroundings, you're sure to find an apartment that's right for you.
- Resort-style amenities and services include a swimming pool, theater, spa, salon, massage services, fitness center and so much more!
- We're passionate about our food and continuously strive to create a memorable dining experience
- American House Senior Living Communities provide a supportive and enriching environment with all the comforts of home, in a family-style atmosphere.
- Visit us online to schedule in-person or virtual tours
Do It Big. Do It Better. Do It All!
12401 North 22nd Street, Tampa, FL 33612
- Flexible dining and award-winning, chef-prepared meals in casual buffet, formal dining and café venues
- Home maintenance, housekeeping and linen services
- Shuffleboard, horseshoes, putting green, billiards room, game room, table tennis and expansive resident-managed library
- Fitness Center and Health & Wellness Center, indoor heated lap-length pool and spa
- Woodworking shop, stocked lake with fishing pier, walking trails, landscaped grounds and courtyards
Independent living community less than a mile from the Gulf of Mexico in Port Richey, FL
6711 Embassy Boulevard, Port Richey, FL 34688
- Three Chef-Prepared Meals Daily
- Complimentary Scheduled Transportation
- Full Calendar of Enriching Activities
- Weekly Housekeeping and Light Linen Service
- Pets Welcome
Sun Valley isn't just a place to live, it's a Lifestyle.
39248 US Hwy 19N, Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
- Sun Valley Estates is an active 55+ community located in Tarpon Springs, Florida
- Pavilion and Gazebo - Covered
- Clubhouse/Banquet Room
- Swimming Pool/Lake
- Shuffle Board Courts/Laundry Facilities
Tarpon Springs Resort-Style Living at The Meadows
505 Anclote Blvd, Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
- The Meadows is an active 55+ community located in Tarpon Springs, Florida
- The property is situated among high-quality residential neighborhoods
- Outdoor Pavilion/Clubhouse/Gazebo
- Banquet Room/Library/Professional Bingo
- Swimming Pool/Lake/Electronic Shuffleboard Courts
Apartment Living for the Active, 55+
11390 US Highway 19, Port Richey, FL 34668
- Resident Assurance Check-In Program
- Community Center, Fitness Romm
- Beauty Salon
- Theater Room / Technology Center
- Pet Friendly
1099 McMullen Booth Road, Clearwater, FL 33759
- Movie room, library, business center, card room, billiards room
- Fitness center, heated pool and spa
- Wood shop, arts & crafts studio, sewing room
- Bus trips, daily activities
- 24-hour front desk coverage, daily assurance checks
Experience Platinum Living.
444 North Paula Drive, Dunedin, FL 34698
- Walking, biking & kayaking to Honeymoon Island
- Heated swimming pool
- Private fishing pier
- Off-street parking, elevators and 24-hour emergency maintenance
880 Patricia Avenue, Dunedin, FL 34698
- Full calendar of social and recreational activities/ Escercise programs
- FREE scheduled local transportation, Housekeeping and laundry service
- Delicious restaurant-style meals, Beauty/Barber Salon
- Medication Management, Visiting physicians
- All -inclusive pricing
Experience Platinum Living at Imperial Palms Apartments
101 Imperial Palm Drive, Largo, FL 33771
- Free membership to The Bonsai Holistic Spa - Fitness center with equipment, personal training, and holistic services
- Two Clubhouses with Outside Heated Pools; 24 Hour On-Site Maintenance
- Free Largo Community Center Membership; Pet Friendly (25lb Max.)
- Full-time Activity Director on staff to plan our activities program with over 120 fun things to do each month
- Furnished guest suites on property for rent by the night, month, or season - just perfect for your visiting family and friends
YOUR LIFE, YOUR WAY, EVERY DAY
8333 Seminole Blvd., Seminole, FL 33772
- Luxury Resort Living
- Chef-Prepared Meals
- Distinctive Dining Rooms
- Sports and Recreation
- Maintenance-Free Lifestyle
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.