2 Featured 55 Plus Living Communities in the Lakeland Area
Make the Rest of Your Life, the Best of Your Life.
- Choice of floor plans: Studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments available with housekeeping services included
- Chef-prepared meals served in a stately dining room overlooking the historic theater
- Gated property with personal building entry codes and 24-hour staff
- A variety of activities and amenities, including heated swimming pool, dog park and pontoon boat cruises on Lake Gibson
- Skilled Nursing and Rehab Facility under construction - opening Fall 2020
Premier Independent Living and Assisted Living in Winter Haven, FL
- Three chef-inspired meals with flexible options from the Freedom Dining program
- Plentiful activities and events including The Academy programming
- Catch the latest movie in our theater room
- Scenic walking paths surrounding the community
- Pamper yourself in our beauty and barber salon
7 55 Plus Living Communities in the Lakeland Area
Inspired Senior Living
Independent starting at $1425 a mo & Assisted Living starting at $2650 a mo
- Villas are 2-3 bedrooms, maintenance free with 2 car garages and 2 meals per day.
- With 10 floorplans and full kitchens, the apartments have many options
- Residents have priority access to assisted living, with 3 meals daily & tailored assistance.
- Vibrant programs, sensational common areas, state of the art fitness center and theater.
- Local area attractions feature Historic Bok Sanctuary.
Providing Retirement Apartments, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, and Rehabilitation at Hawthorne Village
Starting From : $75 per day
- Now providing message therapy in our newly expanded Rehabilitation building!
- Elegant, intimate community for those 55 or better continuing through all levels of care.
- Providing an alternative lifestyle to nursing home care. Live independently and still have assisted care day or night.
- On site rehabilitation to rebuild lives after being hospitalized for a major illness or severe trauma.
- We strive to keep and maintain the highest standards in quality care and safety.
Active Senior Living in Vibrant Lakeland, Florida
810 E Bella Vista Street, Lakeland, FL 33805
- Affordable month-to-month pricing
- 3 full meals served daily
- Complimentary transportation (scheduled to physicians and outings)
- Weekly Housekeeping and Linen service Trash pick-up
- Activity Center with planned activities, billiards and game room
Gated independent living community minutes from downtown Lakeland, FL
1325 Grasslands Blvd, Lakeland, FL 33803
- Three Chef-Prepared Meals Daily
- Full Calendar of Enriching Activities
- Complimentary Scheduled Transportation
- Weekly Housekeeping and Light Linen Service
- WiFi in Common Areas
Discover our Continuing Care Retirement Community in Lakeland, FL
1001 Carpenters Way, Lakeland, FL 33809
- Refresh in the heated swimming pool and spa
- Indulge in delicious, chef-prepared cuisine
- Check on your health in the Wellness Clinic
- Immerse yourself in two on-site libraries complete with large print and audio books Attend a show in the community auditorium
- Attend a show in the community auditorium
A welcoming apartment atmosphere for adults 55+
1400 Old Bartow Eagle Lake Rd, Bartow, FL 33830
- Beautiful Landscaped Grounds, Wonderful for Walking!
- Resident Clubhouse
- Daily Events
- Sparkling Resort-Style Swimming Pool
- Fitness Center
Experience affordable, friendly, maintenance-free living...
Starting at $385+ a month
- Friendly and knowledgeable office team with reliable maintenance
- Close to shopping, public transportation and medical facilities
- Electric, water, and sewer utilities included
- Beautiful lake views and private balconies
- Pets welcome and pet walking area on site
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.