1 Featured 55 Plus Living Communities in the Kingston Area
Come as Strangers, Live as Friends
- 13 Kendall Rae Place, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532
- Visit Our Website
Pets Welcome Sidewalks
- Convenient community and in-home features make our senior living communities feel like home.
- We offer fun and energetic programs, activities and experiences that you’re sure to love, all while promoting and supporting a healthy lifestyle vital to your overall well-being.
- Envision every day spent the way you want, able to focus on your hobbies and interests. Without the stress of home repairs, you can share everyday pleasures with friends, enjoy new experiences, and create lasting memories.
- Our amenities range from movie theatres, gyms, craft rooms and so much more!
- Under Construction-Coming Soon! Connect with us today to reserve your new home!
12 55 Plus Living Communities in the Kingston Area
Voted the best senior living in Kingston
- 21 Chipman Way, Kingston, MA 02364
- A welcoming, friendly, community of active, engaged neighbors
- Strikingly beautiful living spaces with stylish architectural details
- A diverse offering of activities and events to enlighten and entertain
- Outstanding, chef-prepared daily meals served in distinctive dining rooms
- Lovely landscaped grounds, patios and gardens, affording lovely lake, river and forest vistas
Boston senior living, located on the South Shore
- 300 Linden Ponds Way, Hingham, MA 02043
- Linden Ponds offers an array of maintenance-free apartment homes, more than you'll find at other Boston senior living communities.
- We offer pricing plans and custom upgrade options to match every taste and budget.
- Enjoy a variety of tantalizing food choices served daily in our on-site restaurants.
- Stay strong and healthy swimming in the all-season pool or working out in the fitness center.
- Participate in clubs and activities that meet on our Boston senior living campus daily,there is a wide variety to choose from!
Imagine a senior living community where people are encouraged to express their unique personality and talents to continue making meaningful contributions to their friends, family and community.
- 218 Main Street, Buzzards Bay, MA 02532
- Daily continental breakfast
- On-site activities, social events and parties
- Choice of studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments with kitchenette
- Scheduled transportation for shopping and medical appointments
- Trained care associates available 24 hours a day
We look forward to meeting you!
- 100 Dr. Julius Kelley Lane, Bourne, MA 02559
- 24 independent senior apartments and 60 apartments for those who want or require the option of assisted living personal care services
- Delicious meals prepared daily by our chef & served by wait staff
- A full program of social, educational, cultural & spiritual activities
- Weekly apartment housekeeping & daily trash removal
- Access to on-site trained personal care staff 24 hours a day
Independent Living and Assisted Living in Quincy Bay
- 99 Brackett St., Quincy, MA 02169
- Spacious studio, one and two-bedroom apartments
- Emergency response system for added peace of mind
- Balcony (excluding studios) for private outdoor living space
- Our general store makes it easy to pick up some last minute things or everyday items for your apartment.
- Our full-service dining program offers three meals a day, prepared with only the freshest ingredients, and a variety of menu options.
Welcome Home. Your Friends Await.
- 180 Main Street, Walpole, MA 02081
- One- and two-bedroom apartments, many with the option of a den
- Private balcony or patio with many apartments
- Well-stocked, spacious library with a fireplace and inviting, comfortable seating areas
- Upscale Pub & On-site bank
- Resident greenhouse and raised garden beds
Affordable living for middle income elders...
- 17 Florence Street, Roslindale, MA 02131
- 17 one-bedroom cooperatively owned apartments especially designed to meet the needs of persons 55 years of age or older
- No income limit on residents
- On-site staff to respond to after business hours emergencies
- Private parking lot
- Emergency call cords located in bathrooms and bedrooms
Attractive, comfortable and affordable housing
- 2053R Columbus Avenue, Roxbury, MA 02119
- One-bedroom apartments measure 540 square feet
- Each unit contains a full kitchen and private bath and is designed for a one to two-person household
- Elevator service, central air-conditioning, heat, laundry and trash compacting
- All units are carpeted and pre-wired for cable
- Spencer House is ideal for people who utilize public transportation and enjoy the proximity to Franklin Park
Welcome to Farnsworth House!
- 90 South Street, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
- Walking distance to necessary services
- Week-day lunch offered on-site for minimal donation
- Active tenants association plans trips and events
- Live-in staff for emergency response
- First area facility to encourage ownership of pets; developed model pet policy replicated nationally
Life Your Way
- 1205-1215 Centre Street, West Roxbury, MA 02132
- We are a unique senior living community that offers an affordable lifestyle in a modern facility on a lovely campus setting
- Two senior living options on our campus - 66 spacious Independent Living apartments & 36 private Supportive Living suites
- Our location affords easy access to world-class medical care, rich cultural and educational resources, sporting events, fine dining and shopping
- Community rooms on the ground floor invite friendly gatherings and social events, and provide venues for our extensive activities program
- Sophia Snow Place offers unusual value in today's senior living environment
Welcome to Springhouse
- 46 Allandale St, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
- Gracious dining room with private room for entertaining
- Art gallery and cafe
- Fitness and exercise room
- Lovely outdoor seating, gardens and patios
- On-site physical and occupational services
Just what you're looking for - right in your back yard!
- 279 East Street, Wrentham, MA 02093
- Maintenance free living, all inside and outside maintenance and repairs are taken care of by our staff
- One-bedroom, two-bedroom and two-bedroom deluxe homes are available
- All homes have a patio for outdoor entertaining and enjoyment
- The Community Center, which still maintains the charm of the barn it was converted from, welcomes residents for community activities and family gatherings
- Each week a variety of resident driven activities are scheduled, which include Tai Chi, Book Club, Pot Luck Dinners, Bridge, Sewing Club, and much more
Other 55 Plus Living Communities in the Kingston Area
Enhance the Quality of Life
- 2875 Washington Street, Roxbury, MA 02119
- 116 one-bedrooms and 28 efficiencies
- Computer learning center
- Fitness center
- Kitchen for events
- On-site laundry
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.