10 55 Plus Living Communities in the Jonesboro Area
Welcome to Palms of Lake Spivey
8080 Summit Business Parkway, Jonesboro, GA 30236
- 6 Open Spacious One and Two Bedroom Floor Plans
- Private Patios or Balconies in All Homes
- Full service dining for the evening meal
- Custom Crafted Raised Panel Cherry Kitchen Cabinets and White Bath Cabinets with Decor Knobs
- Sparkling Swimming Pool amidst a Lushly Landscaped Private Courtyard
An affordable rental community for seniors aged 62+
2141 Springdale Rd SW, Atlanta, GA 30315
- On-site manager
- Service coordinator
- Paid utilities
- Community/game room
- Emergency call system
Lifestyle Without Limits
134 John Hope Dr SW, Atlanta, GA 30314
- Controlled Access Building
- Multi-Use Community Room
- Business Center with Computers, Library, TV Room
- Hair Salon, Fitness Center, Fitness Center
- Community Garden, Outdoor Sitting Area with Gazebo, Outdoor Grills
Decatur Georgia Independent Senior living
341 Winn Way, Decatur, GA 30030
- Comfortable apartments in a variety of sizes that allow you the freedom to furnish in any style that appeals to you.
- Perfectly balanced, perfectly delicious meals made from scratch and served in our restaurant-style dining room.
- We love having cats and dogs as part of our community. After all, they are part of the family.
- All of your utilities are included in your monthly rent. That includes cable TV, heat, and air conditioning, everything except your phone bill.
- We know how much seniors value their freedom, so we offer month-to-month leases with no long-term commitment. Enjoy this all-inclusive lifestyle on your terms.
Welcome To Clairmont Place!
2100 Clairmont Lake, Decatur, GA 30033
- Walking trails lakeside offering opportunities to observe wildlife in their natural habitat
- Full and Exciting Event Calendar offering an array of social, cultural and recreational opportunities
- Emergency Call System
- Staff on duty 24 hours a day
- Lifestyle best described as one of graceful southern charm
Senior Independent Living in Decatur, Georgia
2677 Lawrenceville Hwy, Decatur, TX 30033
- All Utilities Paid, Including Electricity, Water, Expanded Cable, Local Phone, and Internet
- Three Chef-Prepared Meals Daily
- Private and Spacious Senior Apartments with Modern Appliances, Patio or Balcony, and In-Unit Washer/Dryer
- Regularly Scheduled Housekeeping, Transportation To and From Activities, Doctor’s Visits, and Shopping
- Rotating Calendar of Social Activities, Events, and Classes
An Affordable Senior Community with Heart
2911 Pharr Court South, NW, Atlanta, GA 30305
- 24-Hour Service Desk, Service Coordinators to Connect You with Services
- Fitness Center and Wellness Classes
- Private Pay Home Care
- Walking Distance to Stores, Shops and Restaurants
- Convenient Access to Public Transportation (MARTA)
Welcome to Saint Anne’s Terrace for Senior Living, Buckhead Atlanta
3100 Northside Pkwy NW, Atlanta, GA 30327
- Day and Evening Transportation to Cultural and Social Activities
- Quiet Neighborhood for Walking
- Convenience Store
- On-Site Branch Banking
- Wellness Center
Atlanta’s most luxurious senior living community
3200 Howell Mill Rd NW, Atlanta, GA 30327
- Unique mix of residential offerings including city homes, independent living, assisted living, & memory care
- No buy-ins, keeping you in control
- Resident committees & organizations
- Tech-enabled care enhancing communication & care experience
- Specialized memory care programming
Dunwoody Pines is an active retirement community in Dunwoody, Georgia.
4355 Georgetown Square, Dunwoody, GA 30338
- Chef-Prepared Meals: Enjoy three home-cooked daily meals prepared by our chef, served at your table in our dining room.
- Fun Social Activities and Outings: Access a full activity calendar including: games, exercise, movies and many more fun weekly events.
- Transportation: We offer local transportation for shopping trips, doctor's appointments and other scheduled activities and events!
- Weekly Housekeeping Service: Enjoy your own personal housekeeper who will clean, vacuum, do light dusting, change your linens and bring you toilet tissue weekly.
- Caring Live-In Managers Available to You 24/7: You'll have peace of mind knowing that our mangers live here too. Each apartment has an emergency communication system.
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.