1 Featured 55 Plus Living Communities in the Joliet Area
WELCOME TO your new home
- 12 spacious one- and two-bedroom apartment plans with inviting open living and dining areas, comfortable master bedroom suites and expansive kitchens
- Scheduled transportation, an on-site beauty salon and barbershop
- Club room and library
- Delicious dining options, including continental breakfasts and lunches and the availability of a private dining room for special occasions
- Full-service Wellness Center offering health education, exercise classes and nurse availability
9 55 Plus Living Communities in the Joliet Area
Joliet Illinois Independent Senior Community
901 Essington Road, Joliet, IL 60435
- Comfortable apartments in a variety of sizes that allow you the freedom to furnish in any style that appeals to you.
- Perfectly balanced, perfectly delicious meals made from scratch and served in our restaurant-style dining room.
- We love having cats and dogs as part of our community. After all, they are part of the family.
- All of your utilities are included in your monthly rent. That includes cable TV, heat, and air conditioning, everything except your phone bill.
- We know how much seniors value their freedom, so we offer month-to-month leases with no long-term commitment. Enjoy this all-inclusive lifestyle on your terms.
Senior Living Services As Unique As You
504 North River Road, Naperville, IL 60563
- Private apartment homes with 9' ceilings
- One and two bedroom floor plans
- Restaurant style dining
- Two see-through fireplaces
- Piano Bar Lounge
Exceptional Senior Living
1700 Robin Lane, Lisle, IL 60532
- The Devonshire of Lisle is a Continuing Care Retirement Community offering; Exceptional Independent Living, Personalized Assisted Living, Alzheimer's and Dementia Care and Skilled Nursing Care.
- Through Personalized Assisted Living, Brookdale offers the necessary level of service and care to promote an experience that will exceed the norms of traditional assisted living within an environment and lifestyle that is tailored to your needs with Respect for Individual Preferences.
- Our trained and licensed transportation associates provide door-to-door services to popular retail outlets, restaurants and services in the community.
- Our restaurant-style dining features healthy regional and seasonal cuisine prepared by professionally-trained culinary teams using only the freshest ingredients. Independent Living offers an expanded continental breakfast with hot and cold items and lunch and dinner daily. Personalized Assisted Living offers three meals daily as well as a variety of snack items. Our friendly, well trained wait staff anticipates your needs to make your dining experience special each and every day.
- Our concierge team is trained and prepared to provide many levels of service. Whether you need community or area information, or assistance with deliveries, our concierge is available 24 hours a day for your safety and convenience.
Senior Living Made Comfortably Affordable.
2255 Monarch Drive, Naperville, IL 60563
- Scenic 80-acre campus 25 miles from downtown Chicago
- More than 70 clubs and classes, with ongoing activities and events
- All-inclusive, fixed monthly service package
- A choice of fine dining venues, 30 included meals per month
- 18 unique 1 and 2 bedroom apartment home designs to choose from
Welcome to Wyndemere... Where Everything Just Fits.
200 Wyndemere Circle, Wheaton, IL 60187
- Flexible Dining is designed so residents have choices in where and when they dine at Wyndemere.
- Social, recreational and cultural activities planned around resident preferences.
- Bi-weekly housekeeping services provided around resident preferences.
- Resident committees provide input into the programs and offerings at the community which help shape resident lifestyles at Wyndemere.
- Roomy, customized and bright residences within our senior retirement community share the characteristics you demand.
Lexington Square is a family-owned company where residents, family and friends are extensions of our family.
555 Foxworth Boulevard, Lombard, IL 60148
- All utilities including local phone calls
- Health and wellness center complete with exercise physiologists
- Guest accommodations
- Mini-mart and gift shop
- Transportation to medical appointments
Illinois Senior Living at its Finest
60 N. Nicoll Ave., Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
- The Meadows of Glen Ellyn provides Exceptional Independent Living and Personalized Assisted Living services for seniors
- Our licensed, professional associates offer a wide range of individually customized proactive health and fitness training programs as well as Medicare funded physical, occupational and speech therapies, designed to help residents enhance or regain their independence through comprehensive rehabilitation, exercise and education programs.
- Our salon offers full service hair care. Salon hours are available at the Concierge desk. Appointments may be scheduled at your convenience.
- Convenient, on-site banking services are available.
- Our emergency response system is monitored 24 hours a day, seven days a week by our well-trained associates. Daily check-in services provide peace of mind for our residents and their families.
A Fresh, Modern Retirement Community In Elmhurst, IL
400 West Butterfield Road, Elmhurst, IL 60126
- Life care benefit of skilled nursing and rehabilitation services
- 2 meals per day from a varied menu, including continental breakfast along with your choice of lunch or dinner
- In-house activities and entertainment
- Heated swimming pool and whirlpool
- Beauty salon and barber shop
Welcome to Autumn Green at Midway Village - Senior Living in Chicago
6700 South Keating Avenue, Chicago, IL 60629
- State-of-the-art emergency call system in each suite
- Fully equipped kitchens
- Two chef-inspired meals each day, weekend brunches and other dining options
- Scheduled transportation for shopping, excursions and appointments
- Variety of recreational, cultural and entertainment choices
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.