1 Featured 55 Plus Living Communities in the Jamesville Area
Resort-Style, All Inclusive Luxury
- A choice of floor plans, apartment size, and balcony/ deck options.
- Signature Freedom Dining program means professional chefs, flexible dining hours, and four meal choices every day: casual buffet, fine dining, chef's pantry, or room service.
- Travel Program: Residents can travel to any of our RLC communities in the United States to enjoy the same benefits as in their home community. With a maximum set of days within a calendar year, your stay is free.
- Stadium seating theater for movies, live music, and more!
- Live-in managers, 24-hour concierge/valet parking, and scheduled transportation. Utilities include: Cable, Internet and Phone Service. Our Main Street with amenities, like a salon, pharmacy, gift shop, and a bank. (Fee based services)
5 55 Plus Living Communities in the Jamesville Area
This is your life. Discover how what’s next might be a lot more than what you expected.
1301 Nottingham Rd, Jamesville, NY 13078
- Luxurious and personalized apartments
- Individual heating and AC, cable TV and Wi-Fi included
- Activities and recreation, shuttle transport
- A variety of dining options and dining plans
- Indoor and outdoor parking available
Friendly, active senior living community in Fayetteville, NY, just minutes from downtown Syracuse
7220 E Genesee Street, Fayetteville, NY 13066
- Spacious studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom senior apartments
- Three Chef-Prepared Meals Daily
- Complimentary Scheduled Transportation
- Weekly Housekeeping
- Most Utilities Included
Exceptional Senior Living
100 Summerfield Village Lane, Syracuse, NY 13215
- Outdoor garden, putting green and fitness center
- Concierge service
- Beauty/barber shop
- Community kitchen and general store
1- and 2-bedroom senior apartments in Syracuse
6715 Buckley Rd, Syracuse, NY 13212
- High-quality senior living (55+)
- Rent includes All Utilities (Electric, Heat, Water, Garbage, Internet, and Cable TV)
- Controlled access building with TV-monitored entrance
- Community room with kitchen available for gatherings
- Numerous community activities
It's not like home. It is home.™
7251 Janus Park Dr, Liverpool, NY 13088
- Choice of studio and one-bedroom apartment styles
- Housekeeping and maintenance services provided, including linen service and availability of laundry facilities
- All-inclusive, restaurant-style dining
- Coffee cafe, theater and community store
- Beauty salon/Barber shop with day spa
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.