1 Featured 55 Plus Living Communities in the Jackson Area
Resort-Style, All Inclusive Luxury
- A choice of floor plans, apartment size, and balcony/ deck options.
- Signature Freedom Dining program means professional chefs, flexible dining hours, and four meal choices every day: casual buffet, fine dining, chef's pantry, or room service.
- Travel Program: Residents can travel to any of our RLC communities in the United States to enjoy the same benefits as in their home community. With a maximum set of days within a calendar year, your stay is free.
- Stadium seating theater for movies, live music, and more!
- Live-in managers, 24-hour concierge/valet parking, and scheduled transportation. Utilities include: Cable, Internet and Phone Service. Our Main Street with amenities, like a salon, pharmacy, gift shop, and a bank. (Fee based services)
5 55 Plus Living Communities in the Jackson Area
Beautiful & Comfortable Surroundings
- 8199 Poplar Avenue, Germantown, TN 38138
- The Solana Germantown offers Independent Living, Assisted Living and Alzheimer's and Dementia Care
- Fitness Center
- Indoor salt water pool
- Wine bar
- Woodworking shop
Affordable lifestyle residences for Seniors 55 years of age and over.
- 3393 Kirby Road, Memphis, TN 38115
- Studio, 1 and 2 bedroom floor plans
- Private patios and balconies
- Full kitchens and kitchenettes
- Garden home options for residents in need of greater privacy
The freedom to live life to the fullest...
- 6301 Village Grove Dr., Memphis, TN 38115
- Alcove, 1 and 2 bedroom floor plans
- Private patios and balconies
- Full kitchens and kitchenettes
- Southern Colonial Style
Our beautiful 55+ apartments have quality options to make you feel at home.
- 2990 Hickory Hill Road, Memphis, TN 38115
- Studios, One bedroom and Two Bedroom Apartments with Patios and Balconies
- Generous Green Space for Outdoor Enjoyment and Pet Care.
- Restaurant Style Dining with Three Meals Served Daily in our Dining Rooms
- Utilities, Cable TV, Weekly Housekeeping and Scheduled Transportation
- Rewarding Activities and Outings for Active Seniors
Welcome to Glenmary, Senior Living Memphis TN
- 1550 North Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112
- Daily Meals
- Weekly Housekeeping
- Scheduled Transportation
- Activities and Community Life Program
- Experience our newly built library, recreation room, arts & crafts room, theater, lounges and restrooms.
Other 55 Plus Living Communities in the Jackson Area
Jackson Tennessee Independent Senior Living
- 25 Max Lane Drive, Jackson, TN 38305
- Comfortable apartments in a variety of sizes that allow you the freedom to furnish in any style that appeals to you.
- Perfectly balanced, perfectly delicious meals made from scratch and served in our restaurant-style dining room.
- We love having cats and dogs as part of our community. After all, they are part of the family.
- All of your utilities are included in your monthly rent. That includes cable TV, heat, and air conditioning, everything except your phone bill.
- We know how much seniors value their freedom, so we offer month-to-month leases with no long-term commitment. Enjoy this all-inclusive lifestyle on your terms.
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.