3 55 Plus Living Communities in the Idaho Falls Area
Large and affordable senior apartments.
- 850 Lincoln Drive, Idaho Falls, ID 83401
- Spacious studio, studio deluxe, one- and two-bedroom apartments
- Two beautifully landscaped courtyards
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Full-service dining featuring seasonal menus and healthy choices
- Full calendar of fun and engaging programs, events and activities
Luxurious apartment homes in a fun and active retirement community.
- 3310 Valencia Drive, Idaho Falls, ID 83404
- Spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom apartment homes
- Weekly housekeeping and linen services provided
- True restaurant dining in our elegant dining room
- Comprehensive activity calendar with full-time program supervisor
- Full-service salon
Retirement Perfected, right here.
- 4000 S. 25th East, Idaho Falls, ID 83404
- Enjoy retirement living in your choice of comfortable and convenient studios or one-or two-bedroom apartments. Enjoy assisted living in spacious studio or one-bedroom homes. Memory care residents are surrounded by personal belongings in private or semi-private apartments.
- Up to three meals daily, plus snacks
- Full kitchen (retirement only) or kitchenette
- Complimentary laundry facilities
- On site beauty / barber shop
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.