3 Featured 55 Plus Living Communities in the Huntsville Area
Redstone Village, a locally owned and operated CCRC, is nestled in the foothills of the Appalachians in the beautiful Huntsville, Alabama.
- 12000 Turnmeyer Drive, Huntsville, AL 35803
- While you're enjoying a carefree life, we're doing the chores - housekeeping, maintenance and lawn care.
- Want to travel? Just close your door and set off on your latest adventure. Your 24-hour security makes living that easy.
- Formal and informal dinning venues offer delicious and healthy meals when you're in the mood for conversation - not cooking.
- A hair salon, mail room, fitness center, business and computer center offer even more daily convenience.
- We provide underground parking. Transportation is available on schedule or by appointment.
Enjoy life, dignity, choice and independence.
- 6016 Wall Triana Highway, Madison, AL 35758
- 30 spacious Assisted Living Apartments, consisting of 6 suites and 24 studio units
- 12 spacious Garden Apartments to accommodate today's active seniors
- Wireless Emergency Call System in Each Unit
- Scheduled Transportation Services in Village Vehicle
- Water, Sewer and Cable Television Services are included in the Monthly Lease Fee
Live Carefree in Our Senior Living Community
- Well-designed, spacious apartment homes, complete with deluxe wall-to-wall carpeting and mini-blind window treatments.
- Monthly meal plan consisting of 30 meals per person in a restaurant dining atmosphere.
- Scheduled courtesy local transportation.
- Beauty salon/barber shop and planned social with recreational activities offering exceptional lifestyle programs.
- Don't just listen to us, hear what our residents have to say!
5 55 Plus Living Communities in the Huntsville Area
Regency Retirement Village... Senior Living at its Best
- 2004 Max Luther Drive, Huntsville, AL 35810
- Catered-living independent apartments
- Licensed assisted living and memory care apartments
- A private skilled health care facility, Regency Health Care and Rehabilitation Center
- Pool and pavilion area
- Three delicious restaurant style meals
Welcome to The Terrace at Priceville
- 200 Terrace Lane, Priceville, AL 35603
- Choice of Apartments
- 24-Hour Care Assistance Available
- Maintenance, inside and out, we even change the light bulbs!
- All utilities included except telephone
- Small pets allowed
Caring for those who cared for us...
- 100 Terrace Lake Drive, Guntersville, AL 35976
- An emergency call system for immediate nursing assistance
- Small pets are welcome
- Calendar of social events, including community outings, concerts, bible studies, arts & crafts, and bingo
- On-site beauty salon and barber shop services available for a nominal fee
Independent Living | Assisted Living | Memory Care
- 211 Fortress Boulevard, Murfreesboro, TN 37128
- Large 1 & 2 Bedroom Floor Plans
- Chef-Prepared Meals & Flexible Dining Options
- Concierge Service & Emergency Call System
- Full Calendar of Activities, Cultural Events & Celebrations
- Convenient Location Near Parks, Shopping, Dining & Art
A Slice of Americana Awaits
- 415 Cook Springs Rd, Pell City, AL 35125
- Deliciously prepared home style meals, with selective menu, from an award winning food services department
- One-bedroom and two-bedroom plans available
- Monitored emergency response system
- Scheduled transportation for outings and shopping trips
- The Village at Cook Springs also offers a quiet library and chapel with daily services.
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.