4 Featured 55 Plus Living Communities in the Huntersville Area
Luxury independent living for seniors
- Amazing restaurants on three different levels, all with outdoor dining areas
- Fitness center with instructors, aerobic/exercise room with classes
- Large indoor, heated pool that opens to the outdoors seasonally
- Wellness and life enrichment classes
- Salon/Spa and Barber shop
A MODERN COMMUNITY FOR ADULTS AGES 55+
Starting at $1100.00 per month
- Upscale Living
- Resort-Style Amenities
- Pet Friendly
- One and two bedroom options
- Fitness studio with yoga room plus on demand class technology
Inspire Royal Park is 55+ luxury senior living like you’ve never experienced before.
- 24-Hour Coffee Bar
- Resort Pool with Sun Deck
- Theater/Multi-purpose Room Library
- Active Social Calendar
- Fenced in Dog Park & Pet Spa
Add more Living to your Life
$189,000 Entrance Deposit
- Benefit from a 90% Refundable Entrance Deposit and a predictable Monthly Service Package
- Retire from maintenance and the hassle of house repairs.
- Enjoy amenities like the pool, restaurants, and fitness center.
- Stay healthy and happy with the help of our full-service medical center.
- Experience peace of mind through multiple clubs and activities.
6 55 Plus Living Communities in the Huntersville Area
Care Free Living For Active Adults.
$1535 - $1850 per month for lease villas
- Convenient Access To I-77
- Close To Birkdale Shopping, Restaurants, Golf Course & Entertainment
- Duplex Style Cottages - 1,2 and 3 Bedroom Floorplans
- Large Community Lodge Includes Exercise Room
- All Appliances Included, Even Washer & Dryer!
Affordable living for active 55+ independent seniors at The Dorchester in Pineville, North Carolina!
2 bed 2 bath $200.00 off per month (now $2430 for apt # 3308). ½ off the $1000.00 community fee on the Myers Park apt
- Daily Activities Program
- Monthly Social Events & Seasonal Functions
- All residents receive a monthly dinner calendar at the beginning of each month so they can plan ahead on when to cook in or eat out
- Cats, dogs are permitted
- Wide variety of floor plans available
For the safe, comfortable, carefree lifestyle seniors should enjoy.
$700-$800 per month
- At The Senior Villages we are committed to offering gracious, yet affordable retirement living to meet the needs of today's senior. You will find our community is designed for your needs today as well as the needs you may have in the future. Our building design, as well as the services we offer, will allow you to remain at The Senior Villages for many years to come.
- Our club room is the perfect place to meet up with friends for our weekly bible study or for a morning cup of coffee or relax by the pool. With numerous amenities and a variety of activity areas, there's always something going on at the clubhouse.
- Our location offers easy access to I-85, shopping, restaurants and we are just minutes from the airport.
- Fully Gated community with a neighborhood feel. Handicap-accessible units and ground floor units available.
- Inground Pool, gazebo and grill area in courtyard.On-site maintenance
Independent Living in the Heart of Uptown
- 421 N Poplar Street, Charlotte, NC 28202
- 1 & 2 Bedroom Units. Newly offered 2's are $1186.00 monthly
- Onsite social service coordinator to assist residents with needs
- Ages 62 + Up, Independent Living
- Range, refrigerator and monthly utilities included
- Walking distance to Harris Teeter & CVS, lovely public park just behind the office
Settling Down Doesn't Mean Settling For Less
- 4009 Craig Avenue, Charlotte, NC 28211
Starting at 2,500.00
- Newly renovated apartments
- Emergency call systems located in each apartment, monitored 24 hours a day by a Licensed Nurse at the adjacent White Oak of Charlotte Skilled Nursing Facility
- Daily noon day meal served in our tastefully appointed dining rooms
- Scheduled transportation for professional appointments, shopping outings, banking and off campus events
- The elevator is centrally located within our community, along with ground floor entrances to each apartment
It's not about retirement. It's about community.
- Elegant residences span a full continuum of lifestyle choices and services that cater to every need.
- enjoy a class at our fitness center, an evening at the pub with friends, or a movie with the grandchildren.
- No entrance fee; no buy in fee; no property purchase
- Offering a variety of dining options.
- Close proximity to refined shopping and recreation.
Other 55 Plus Living Communities in the Huntersville Area
An active adult community unlike anything you’ve seen before
- 14012 Cameryn Elise Drive, Cornelius, NC 28031
- Hobby Center, fitness room and various clubs
- Maintenance-free yards
- 3 Clubhouses
- Full-time, on-site Lifestyle Director
- 3 pools
3 Cherry Way
55 Plus Luxury Lake Living
- 8563 Christalina Lane, Denver, NC 28037
The Gardens of Taylor Glen
Live Your Best Life with Us
- 3700 Taylor Glen Lane, Concord, NC 28027
- Taylor Glen is a gated community with a monitored entrance and 24-hour security.
- Scheduled activities include social, cultural, recreational, educational, health and wellness, and inspirational programs and events.
- A campus chaplain directs religious services and programs.
- Residents have complete access to activity areas, including lounges, library, auditorium, chapel, indoor swimming pool and fitness area, wood working shop, billiard room and card room. Also available on-site are a convenience store, bank, area for massage, and beauty/barber shop.
- The Gardens of Taylor Glen offers several dining options, a cafe for casual dining, wait-service dining in the main dining room in the evening , and a private dining room for special occasions.
University Square Senior Apartments
All The Conveniences of Premier Independent Living With The Advantages of an Apartment Community
- 1715 Hedgelawn Dr, Charlotte, NC 28262
- University Square is an affordable apartment community with minimum and maximum income limit requirements that are based on the number of occcupants in the household. The maximum allowable annual income limit for one person is $31,200. The minimum allowable annual income limit for one person is $13,554 for a one bedroom. For two people, the maximum allowable annual income limit is $35,640. The minimum allowable annual income limit for two people is $16,218 for a two bedroom.
- Smoke-free community. No smoking on premises.Minutes From The Carolinas #1 Attraction - Concord Mills Mall
- Community Room with bistro kitchen & theatre room.
- Rent includes free gas heat, hot water, sewer and trash removal services.
- Paved walking path to grocery store, post office. Free pharmacy delivery.
Loftin at Montcross
A quiet retreat in a relaxing luxury apartment community for seniors 62+
- 844 Hawley Ave, Belmont, NC 28012
- Pet Friendly
- Key Fob Building Access
- Fitness Center, Yoga Studio & Game Room
- Planned Social Activities
- Outdoor Patio with Sitting Area and Garden with Raised Beds
Brookdale Charlotte East
Exceptional Senior Living
- 6053 Wilora Lake Lodge, Charlotte, NC 28212
- Carefree Independent Living
- Beautiful Residential Setting
- Assisted Living and Health Care on Campus
- Chef Prepared Meals
- Community Garden
Welcome to Abernethy Laurels
- 102 Leonard Avenue, Newton, NC 28658
- On-site bank, gift shop, libraries, barber/beauty salon
- 24-hr security
- Walking trails, gardens, woodshop and craft rooms
- Activities and transportation
- On-site chapel
The Barclay at SouthPark
Just Your Place. Just Your Pace.
- 6010 Fairview Rd, Charlotte, NC 28210
- Grand Lobby, Courtyard and Living Areas
- Library, Card room & Art studio
- Salt Water Pool and Hot Tub
- Valet Parking & Concierge
- Weekly Housekeeping & Linen Service
The Cypress of Charlotte
The Perfect Place To Have The Time Of Your Life
- 3442 Cypress Club Drive, Charlotte, NC 28210
- The Cypress clubhouse features lakefront fine dining, casual dining in the veranda.
- Members purchase their homes and enjoy the equity build-up and other advantages of home ownership.
- Sixteen different floor plans offering sizes from 800 to 3,100 square feet
- Garages and covered parking are available
- A health center providing assisted living, Alzheimer's and skilled nursing care is also part of the community.
Independent Living Starts Here!
- Night Patrol
- On-Site Management
- Recreation Room
- Public Transportation
- Pets allowed
- 11508 Providence Road, Suite K, Charlotte, NC 28277
- 1 and 2 Bedroom Apartment Homes for Active Adults
- Located in the amazing master-planned community of Rea Farms
- 12,000 square feet of amenity space that includes heated pool, fitness center and so much more
- Washer and Dryer included in each home
- Gourmet kitchens offering Andromeda white granite countertops, custom cabinetry, stainless steel appliances & prep island perfect for hosting family and friends
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.