2 Featured 55 Plus Living Communities in the Hampstead Area
Your Retirement Destination!
- Located on 24 pristine acres within Wilmington's charming Autumn Hall
- A rental continuing care retirement community
- Cape Fear heritage-style architecture with covered porches or balconies.
- Chef-prepared meals. Three dining venues.
- Heath & Wellness Program with Spa
Upscale Senior Living & Care in Little River, South Carolina. New Haven will proudly offer the finest senior living experiences for those seeking independent living, assisted living or memory care services.
- Artful Dining. The lowcountry is filled with a bounty of fresh ingredients that our chefs craft into seasonal menus, featuring the craveable dishes that made our region legendary. Imagine feasting on softshell crab or perfectly prepared shrimp and grits. Or, sharing tall tales around a lowcountry boil, finished off with a slice of Mint julip pie.
- Zestful Activities. Pickup a mallet and try your luck on a manicured croquet lawn. Enjoy an afternoon stroll on a scenic trail. Find your bliss in a Yoga class. Or, bait up a hook and show the grandkids how it’s done – fishing for sheephead and drum from a nearby dock.
- Heartful Care. Everyone who stays at New Haven is unique, and we know it. When you walk through our doors, you’re not a resident, you’re family. We treat you like we’d treat any family member – with compassion and respect. We call it HEARTFUL Care®. From wellness programs to the latest health trends, to our friendly 24/7 staff, you can have peace-of-mind that southern-style care is always available.
Other 55 Plus Living Communities in the Hampstead Area
Arbor Landing at Hampstead
World-class care, just down the street.
- 13937 US-17, Hampstead, NC 28443
- 24/7 Emergency Response System with Direct Access to Staff
- Three Meals a Day in our Restaurant-Style Dining Room
- Daily Activities and Outings
- Scheduled Local Transportation to Professional Appointments
- Cable & WiFi Internet Included
The natural place for your rewarding life.
- 1200 Porters Neck Road, Wilmington, NC 28411
- Fitness center with indoor pool
- Discounted green fees at neighboring golf courses
- Woodworking shop and artists' studio
- Relax as our professional staff treats you to an exceptional dining experience.
- Salon services
Cambridge Village of Wilmington
Experience Optimal Living
- 75 Cavalier Drive, Wilmington, NC 28405
- Month to month rent with no buy-in fees. All utilities included.Weekly Housekeeping.
- All apartments include washer and dryer; Fire sprinkler and smoke detection system
- Wireless internet access in community center. Library, chapel, media room, exercise and game room
- Flexible Dining Program. Cafe and Pub/Lounge. Hair salon.
- Emergency response system in each apartment
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.