6 Featured 55 Plus Living Communities in the Guntersville Area
Redstone Village, a locally owned and operated CCRC, is nestled in the foothills of the Appalachians in the beautiful Huntsville, Alabama.
- 12000 Turnmeyer Drive, Huntsville, AL 35803
- While you're enjoying a carefree life, we're doing the chores - housekeeping, maintenance and lawn care.
- Want to travel? Just close your door and set off on your latest adventure. Your 24-hour security makes living that easy.
- Formal and informal dinning venues offer delicious and healthy meals when you're in the mood for conversation - not cooking.
- A hair salon, mail room, fitness center, business and computer center offer even more daily convenience.
- We provide underground parking. Transportation is available on schedule or by appointment.
Live Carefree in Our Senior Living Community
- Well-designed, spacious apartment homes, complete with deluxe wall-to-wall carpeting and mini-blind window treatments.
- Monthly meal plan consisting of 30 meals per person in a restaurant dining atmosphere.
- Scheduled courtesy local transportation.
- Beauty salon/barber shop and planned social with recreational activities offering exceptional lifestyle programs.
- Don't just listen to us, hear what our residents have to say!
Enjoy life, dignity, choice and independence.
- 6016 Wall Triana Highway, Madison, AL 35758
- 30 spacious Assisted Living Apartments, consisting of 6 suites and 24 studio units
- 12 spacious Garden Apartments to accommodate today's active seniors
- Wireless Emergency Call System in Each Unit
- Scheduled Transportation Services in Village Vehicle
- Water, Sewer and Cable Television Services are included in the Monthly Lease Fee
Welcome to Autumn Cove
- 4425 Greenbrier-Dear Road, Anniston, AL 36207
- Beautiful interiors with individual heating/cooling units
- Restaurant-style dining room
- Ice cream parlor & Full service beauty salon
- Comfortable porches with rockers
- Woody's Way Nature Trail
A Distinctively Different Retirement Community.
- 235 Inverness Center Drive, Hoover, AL 35242
- Village Clubhouse
- Wellness & Health Services
- Dining program includes three mouth-watering meals along with snacks and refreshments throughout the day
- State-of-the-art fitness center
Resort-Style, All Inclusive Luxury
- A choice of floor plans, apartment size, and balcony/ deck options.
- Signature Freedom Dining program means professional chefs, flexible dining hours, and four meal choices every day: casual buffet, fine dining, chef's pantry, or room service.
- Travel Program: Residents can travel to any of our RLC communities in the United States to enjoy the same benefits as in their home community. With a maximum set of days within a calendar year, your stay is free.
- Stadium seating theater for movies , live music, and more!
- Live-in managers, 24-hour concierge/valet parking, and scheduled transportation. Utilities Include: Cable, Internet and Phone Service. Our Main Street with amenities, like a salon, pharmacy, gift shop, and a bank. (Fee based services)
10 55 Plus Living Communities in the Guntersville Area
Regency Retirement Village... Senior Living at its Best
- 2004 Max Luther Drive, Huntsville, AL 35810
- Catered-living independent apartments
- Licensed assisted living and memory care apartments
- A private skilled health care facility, Regency Health Care and Rehabilitation Center
- Pool and pavilion area
- Three delicious restaurant style meals
Welcome to The Terrace at Priceville
- 200 Terrace Lane, Priceville, AL 35603
- Choice of Apartments
- 24-Hour Care Assistance Available
- Maintenance, inside and out, we even change the light bulbs!
- All utilities included except telephone
- Small pets allowed
Live Every Season
- 3605 Ratliff Road, Birmingham, AL 35210
- Breakfast, lunch or dinner served restaurant style in an elegant dining room
- Full program of social, intellectual, cultural and spiritual activities
- Veranda overlooking the Cahaba River
- Heated Pool
- Scheduled transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and cultural events
Alabama Senior Living at its Finest
- 3850 Galleria Woods Drive, Birmingham, AL 35244
- Beautifully landscaped courtyard
- Alarmed interior and exterior doors (Memory Care)
- Exercise room with fitness equipment
- Covered/garage parking available
- Beauty/barber shop
Caring for those who cared for us...
- 100 Terrace Lake Drive, Guntersville, AL 35976
- An emergency call system for immediate nursing assistance
- Small pets are welcome
- Calendar of social events, including community outings, concerts, bible studies, arts & crafts, and bingo
- On-site beauty salon and barber shop services available for a nominal fee
A Slice of Americana Awaits
- 415 Cook Springs Rd, Pell City, AL 35125
- Deliciously prepared home style meals, with selective menu, from an award winning food services department
- One-bedroom and two-bedroom plans available
- Monitored emergency response system
- Scheduled transportation for outings and shopping trips
- The Village at Cook Springs also offers a quiet library and chapel with daily services.
Our Mission at St. Martin's in the Pines is to serve God through a ministry that provides a continuum of care and quality of life to aging individuals and their families.
- 4941 Montevallo Road, Birmingham, AL 35210
- Full kitchen with stove and refrigerator
- Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
- Nutritious, well-balanced meals served daily
- Scheduled group transportation to shopping, dining out, and special events
- 24-hour electronic security and night-time guard service
Celebrate the Stories of Life
- 2831 Highland Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35205
- Located near by is our independent living restaurant-style dining room where homemade soups and desserts are served daily.
- Greenbriar also offers convenient transportation to appointments and scheduled outings at no additional charge to residents.
- Our resident library is available for quiet reading by a cozy fire.
- With a world of activities waiting for you just beyond our gate, there's plenty to keep you entertained year-round.
- Bridge clubs, holiday family gatherings and dances are just a few of the many socials you'll see lighting up the days and evenings at Greenbriar.
Welcome to Mount Royal Towers
- 300 Royal Tower Drive, Vestavia Hills, AL 35209
- Elite Nursing & Rehabilitation Center has a full continuum of health care on site, including Retirement or Independent Living, Independent Plus, Assisted Living, Vintage Club Specialized Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing Care, ActivCare Residential Alzheimer's Care, and Royal Club.
- Physicians clinic on-site, Harbin Pharmacy, a barber/beauty shop, Regions bank, convenience store, postal service, library, furnished lounges, private dining room, sun terrace and recreational facilities.
- Easy access to shopping malls, churches, restaurants and grocery stores, as well to activities in the community.
- Spectacular selection of ongoing activities, ranging from exercise classes, musical programs and trips around Birmingham
- Our affordable monthly fee also includes amenities that free you to pursue other interests.
Great retirement living in the rolling foothills of the Appalachians...
- 3517 Lorna Rd, Hoover, AL 35216
- Comfortable apartments in a variety of sizes that allow you the freedom to furnish in any style that appeals to you.
- Perfectly balanced, perfectly delicious meals made from scratch and served in our restaurant-style dining room.
- Let our staff drivers transport you to appointments, on errands, and to off-site destinations for planned activities.
- We love having cats and dogs as part of our community. After all, they are part of the family.
- No more vacuuming, no more dusting, no more loads of sheets and towels. Let us take care of the housework and laundry.
Other 55 Plus Living Communities in the Guntersville Area
Hickory Valley Retirement
Tradition Service Excellence
- 6705 Ballard Drive, Chattanooga, TN 37421
- Located in scenic Chattanooga, Tennessee, Hickory Valley Retirement Community offers the tradition, service and excellence you can expect from the leader in retirement living.
- Our assisted living apartments offer convenient access to amenities such as fine dining, the library, chapel, and a beauty/barber shop, just to name a few! Living in our assisted living community makes it easy to enjoy a full and active social life with all the benefits of having assistance with activities of daily living.
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.