3 Featured 55 Plus Living Communities in the Glen Allen Area
Exceptional Care. Exceptional Value
- Grand Clubhouse with formal dining, theater and wellness center
- Chef prepared handmade gourmet meals served restaurant style
- Group Shopping, Dining & Entertainment, Outings and day trips
- Personalized Care Services based on your needs
- Medical Director scheduled visits and on-site therapies
Welcome Home to the Newly Renovated Acclaim at Carriage Hill! Ask About Our Special Offer!
- A Fully Packed Residents' Calendar with Activities in the Clubhouse and a Full Time Activities Director
- Outstanding Amenities That Provide a Lifestyle and Unparalleled Living
- Tile Kitchen Backsplash, Granite Counters, Brushed Nickle Finishes, Luxury Vinyl Wood Plank Flooring
- You'll Love Our Electronic Communications, Online Bill-pay and Online Service Requests
- Courtesy Shuttle Service. Maintenance-free Living. Water, Sewer, and Trash Removal Utilities Included
Welcome Home to Worry-Free Living!
- A resort lifestyle means choice and flexibility. It means doing as much or as little as you want to do. Happy hour, fitness classes, trips to the mall or trips abroad... It means living life to the fullest.
- Our month-to-month rent includes no hidden fees
- Resident Travel Program
- Home Care Support Available
1 55 Plus Living Communities in the Glen Allen Area
Enjoy a Carefree Lifestyle with Maintenance-Free Living in a Beautiful Setting
- Revolutionary Air Purification Technology
- Executive Chef Prepared Meals Daily with Tableside Beer and Wine Service
- Life Enrichment Programs and Personalized Care Plans
- A Variety of Social, Educational, and Cultural Opportunities are Available to All of Our Residents
- We Are Not a Buy-in Community and All Utilities Are Included
Other 55 Plus Living Communities in the Glen Allen Area
The Atlantic at Twin Hickory
Make the best decision of your life, and move to The Atlantic at Twin Hickory.
- 5001 Hickory Park Drive, Glen Allen, VA 23059
- Fully equipped Kitchen with Energy Star appliances
- Free transportation
- Water, sewer, trash utilities included in rent
- Moments to YMCA, Innsbrook, and shopping at Short Pump
- Scottish inspired Grand Community Room, Palm-inspired Game Rooms, Hair Salon, and Library on site.
Verena at The Glen
Living Your Life Shouldn't Cost Your Life Savings!
- 10286 Brook Road, Glen Allen, VA 23059
- Full kitchens with hardwood cabinetry, top quality appliances and some apartments with separate pantry
- Baths with cultured marble vanity tops and walk-in shower
- 9-foot ceilings, crown molding or other architectural details
- Our very first residents are special to us, and they are honored with free exclusive membership in our Founders Club
Gracious, Independent Retirement Living
- 10300 Three Chopt Road, Richmond, VA 23233
- 24-hour resident managers
- Local Transportation provided, as well as, planned activities and outings
- Weekly house keeping and linen service
- Paid cable TV and utilites, except phone
- BRAND NEW - Reserve Your Suite now
Parham Park Place Apartments
- 7600 East Parham Road, Richmond, VA 23294
Parham Park Place Apartments II
- 7590 East Parham Road, Richmond, VA 23294
Brighton Gardens of Richmond
Commited to Caring
- 1800 Gaskins Rd, Richmond, VA 23238
- Beautifully Landscaped Courtyards
- Cable or Satelitte Tv and All Utilities Except Phone
- State-Of-The-Art Fire Safety System
- Washers and Dryers Available For Personal Use
- Full Service Beauty Salon and Barber Shop
Kings Grant Apartments
- 2300 Grants Circle, Richmond, VA 23238
The Villas at Rose Hill
- 6225 Lakeside Ave, Richmond, VA 23228
The Atlantic at Brook Run
Call for Specials!
- 6000 Brook Road, Richmond, VA 23227
- Fully equipped Kitchen with Energy Star appliances
- Individually controlled heat and air
- Trash removal included in rent
- Handicap accessible plans available
- Small pets Welcome
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.