8 55 Plus Living Communities in the Fort Walton Beach Area
- One and Two Bedroom Apartments with Full-Size Appliances and Washer and Dryer in Every Unit
- All Day Dining with Chef-Prepared Meals
- Weekly Housekeeping, Linen Service & Full-Service Concierge
- Valet Parking & Personal Driver Services
- Bridge Parties, Computer Classes, Educational Seminars & Exercise Programs
A Wonderful Lifestyle
- The Arbors of Gulf Breeze offers the finest senior living experience for those needing independent living, assisted living or memory care services. Come see how our caring team can provide a wonderful home environment for you or your loved ones.
- The Arbors is filled with luxuries to help you relax in a secure and comfortable atmosphere. Socialize in the lounge, plan a barbecue with new friends or just sit back and take in the beautiful scenery around you.
- Enjoy the chance to engross yourself in new passions and curiosities, make lasting friendships and explore new opportunities.
- The Arbors features all-inclusive, 5-star dining, daily social hours, complimentary housekeeping and a wide variety of indoor and outdoor activities.
- In Memory Care, we have customized care programs, skilled medication administration and regular evaluations in place, you can be confident that your loved one is receiving the best care possible.
A Wonderful Lifestyle
- Seagrass Village of Panama City Beach offers the finest senior living experience for those needing independent living services. Come see how our caring team can provide a wonderful home environment for you or your loved ones.
- Our chefs pride themselves on preparation techniques that are beautiful, savory and healthful. As a result, residents often experience immediate and direct benefits from this ARTFUL Dining philosophy.
- Seagrass Village features all-inclusive, 5-star dining, daily social hours, complimentary housekeeping and a wide variety of indoor and outdoor activities.
- For your peace of mind, there is security personnel present 24/7.
- We also provide monthly educational seminars to help you learn ways to improve your health in your retirement.
Welcome to Katie Manor
- 639 Brookmeade Drive, Crestview, FL 32539
- Community Center, Fitness Center, Swimming Pool, Library, Game Room and Salon
- Monthly Resident Activities
- Common Area Wi-Fi
- Controlled Access/Gated Property, with Elevator
- Pets, Maximum 2 Allowed
The Gulf Coasts hidden treasue, come home to LiveOak Village!
- 2300 North Cedar St., Foley, AL 36535
- Spacious Apartment (one/two bedroom floor plans)
- Three well balanced meals daily/Optional meal plan
- Clubhouse and pool membership
- Secure Gated Access to 55+ community
- 24-Hour Emergency Call System
To a long and properous life!
- 11626 US Highway 90, Daphne, AL 36526
- Spacious apartments featuring kitchenettes, private baths, courtyard views and personalized security response systems
- Fine dining offering three delicious meals each day with an array of comfort food and healthy choices
- 24-hour on-site nursing staff and personal assistants
- On-site physical therapy, out-patient rehabilitation and exercise programs
- Affordable living through month-to-month rental agreements and no initial,buy-inâ fees
Retirement is your Adventure.
- 924 Plantation Boulevard, Fairhope, AL 36532
- Choose from a variety of living options to find the best arrangement for your needs.
- Enjoy water aerobics and low impact works outs year-round in the indoor, temperature-controlled pool at Homestead Village.
- Everyone has different food needs, which is why we offer several meal plans to best meet your retirement lifestyle.
- The Pub and Grill is open to residents as well as their guests and family.
- Get in on a game of chess or checkers, join your friends for cards, meet up for book club, or simply borrow a novel from our well stocked library in our all-inclusive rec room made just for residents.
Embark on a new adventure!
- 500 Spanish Fort Blvd, Spanish Fort, AL 36527
- Our Independent Living residences include 256 one- and two- bedroom apartments and garden homes arranged in a neighborhood-style setting.
- Our Assisted Living services offer a full range of daily care tailored to help you enjoy each day without frustration, no less than you need and no more than you want.
- Bay Ridge features a variety of accommodations should you ever need short-term skilled nursing or long-term care.
- Gated community, 24–hour security and emergency call system
- A wide variety of social, recreational, educational, and spiritual activities and events are scheduled regularly
Other 55 Plus Living Communities in the Fort Walton Beach Area
The Meridian at Westwood
Welcome to Meridian at Westwood
- 1001 Mar Walt Drive, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.