3 Featured 55 Plus Living Communities in the Cape Coral Area
Welcome Home to Wickshire Fort Myers
- Delicious meals with accommodations for nutritional needs and dietary restrictions
- Forward-thinking memory care featuring a secure, structured environment and staff specially trained in Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Wickshire Senior Living offers a personalized experience that addresses physical, emotional and financial concerns through active listening and thoughtful preparation.
- Wickshire believes in purposeful living. Wise and Well (Plus) is our way of creating engaging programs for residents, family members, and associates. All community members will have the opportunity to identify programs they want to lead or participate in and take action in order to bring those to life.
- Pet-friendly environment
Enjoy A fulfilling lifestyle!
- Comfortable Studio, One and Two-Bedroom Floor Plans
- Swimming Pool and Lounge Area
- Elegant, Restaurant-Style Dining, Library, Media Room and Theater
- Spa, Including Salon, Nail and Massage Services
- State-of-the-Art Fitness and Wellness Center
EXCEPTIONAL LIVING. EXCEPTIONAL VALUE.
- One and two bedroom luxury apartment homes
- Delicious Chef-Prepared Gourmet Meals
- Social Activities, Classes, Clubs, Games, Outings & More!
- Fitness & Wellness Center
- Financial security with three-year rent lock guarantee
8 55 Plus Living Communities in the Cape Coral Area
Welcome to your new home...
- Resort-Style Swimming Pool and Lounge Area
- Quartz Kitchen Countertops and Cultured Marble Bathroom Countertops
- Walking Distance from Coconut Point Mall
- State-of-the-Art Fitness Center and Wellness Area
- Restaurant-Style Dining
The Lifestyle You Want, The Choices You Need
- 1333 Santa Barbara Blvd, Cape Coral, FL 33991
- Independent living / assisted living / skilled nursing
- Screened balconies / Full - equipped Kitchens
- Shuffle boards / billards room / Library / guest suites
- Private dining room
- Pool / Whirlpool / Courtyard/ Various lounges / fitness center
Exceptional Senior Living in Fort Myers!
- 8351 College Parkway, Fort Myers, FL 33919
- Committed To The Finest Personalized Services
- Providing Exceptional Senior Living, Multi-Lingual , Pet Friendly
- Luxury Rentals-No Endowment Fees, Lifestyle Programs
- Sunrooms, Great Views, 8 Acres with Walking Trails, Full Kitchens
- Call To Schedule a Personal Tour
Looks like home. Feels like family.
- 1499 Brandywine Circle, Fort Myers, FL 33919
- One and Two Bedroom Apartments with Full Kitchens
- Solid Oak Kitchens, Fully Equipped With Custom Cabinets & Appliances
- Three Conveniently Located Elevators / Well Stocked Library, Billiard Room
- Charming Dining and Garden Rooms
- Spacious, Landscaped Atrium With Oversized Pool, Cocktail Lounge and Dance Floor
Fort Myers’ Premier Non-Profit Life Plan Community!
- 10200 Cypress Cove Drive, Fort Myers, FL 33908
- Spacious One Bedroom Apartment
- Large Walk-in Closets / Handicap Bath
- Enclosed Courtyard / Pool / Spa
- Wellness Programs / Day Trips
- Bank / Library / Hair Salon
Discover Our 55 Plus Community in Bonita Springs
- 24110 South Tamiami Trail, Bonita Springs, FL 33993
- Maintenance-free living
- Spacious 1- and 2-bedroom floor plans
- Full calendar of unique SUN® Program events, activities and services
- State-of-the-art recreation and fitness facilities
- Transportation to local retail and grocery stores
62+ Senior Living Apartments in Lehigh Acres!
- 1232 Village Lakes Blvd, Lehigh Acres, FL 33972
- Close To Shopping, Golf & Parks
- Covered Picnic Area with BBQ Grill/Golf Putting Green
- Club House with Activity Room/Exercise Room/Planned Daily Activities
- Energy Efficient Air Conditioning, Ceiling Fans
- Window Treatments, Fully Applianced Kitchens
Fabulous resort-style Lehigh Acres retirement community at an amazing all-inclusive price.
- 1230 Taylor Lane Extension, Lehigh Acres, FL 33936
- Affordable Month to Month Rent - No Long Term Commitment
- Swimming pool, Library, Theater and much more!
- Residents aging gracefully through IMPACT (Resident Health & Fitness Program)
- All Day Dining with chef prepared meals
- All utilities included except telephone
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.