1 Featured 55 Plus Living Communities in the Bartlett Area
Resort-Style, All Inclusive Luxury
- 2795 Kirby Whitten Parkway, Bartlett, TN 38134
- Visit Our Website
All Inclusive Pets Welcome Virtual/Video Tour
- A choice of floor plans, apartment size, and balcony/ deck options.
- Signature Freedom Dining program means professional chefs, flexible dining hours, and four meal choices every day: casual buffet, fine dining, chef's pantry, or room service.
- Travel Program: Residents can travel to any of our RLC communities in the United States to enjoy the same benefits as in their home community. With a maximum set of days within a calendar year, your stay is free.
- Stadium seating theater for movies, live music, and more!
- Live-in managers, 24-hour concierge/valet parking, and scheduled transportation. Utilities include: Cable, Internet and Phone Service. Our Main Street with amenities, like a salon, pharmacy, gift shop, and a bank. (Fee based services)
4 55 Plus Living Communities in the Bartlett Area
Our beautiful 55+ apartments have quality options to make you feel at home.
- 2990 Hickory Hill Road, Memphis, TN 38115
- Studios, One bedroom and Two Bedroom Apartments with Patios and Balconies
- Generous Green Space for Outdoor Enjoyment and Pet Care.
- Restaurant Style Dining with Three Meals Served Daily in our Dining Rooms
- Utilities, Cable TV, Weekly Housekeeping and Scheduled Transportation
- Rewarding Activities and Outings for Active Seniors
Welcome to The Glenmary At Evergreen, Senior Living Memphis TN
- 1550 North Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112
- Daily Meals
- Weekly Housekeeping
- Scheduled Transportation
- Activities and Community Life Program
- Experience our newly built library, recreation room, arts & crafts room, theater, lounges and restrooms.
Affordable lifestyle residences for Seniors 55 years of age and over.
- 3393 Kirby Road, Memphis, TN 38115
- Studio, 1- and 2-bedroom floor plans
- Private patios and balconies
- Convenient à la carte services are available including housekeeping, laundry services, transportation and more
- All utilities (except phone) are included
- Healthy meals served 3 times daily
Affordable 55+ Independent Senior Living
- 6301 Village Grove Dr., Memphis, TN 38115
- Gated community with clubhouse
- Fitness Center
- High Speed Internet
- On-site Management, On-site Maintenance, Package Receiving
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.