3 Featured 55 Plus Living Communities in the Augusta Area
Quality Senior Living in Augusta, Kansas
- 1611 Fairway Drive, Augusta, KS 67010
- Set on two acres of beautifully landscaped grounds with a courtyard
- Located close to Highways 54 and 254, our community offers 49 apartments all on two floors
- Here our residents, in many cases, with their pets, enjoy retirement living
- Yet should you need a helping hand from our warm and caring staff, we also offer complete assisted living services, tailor-made to your needs
- With its family-friendly atmosphere, Fairways of Augusta feels like home the minute you walk through the doors
Come as Strangers, Live as Friends
- Convenient community and in-home features make our senior living communities feel like home.
- We offer fun and energetic programs, activities and experiences that you’re sure to love, all while promoting and supporting a healthy lifestyle vital to your overall well-being.
- Envision every day spent the way you want, able to focus on your hobbies and interests. Without the stress of home repairs, you can share everyday pleasures with friends, enjoy new experiences, and create lasting memories.
- Our amenities range from movie theatres, gyms, craft rooms and so much more!
- Under Construction-Coming Soon! Connect with us today to reserve your new home!
Resort-Style, All Inclusive Luxury
- A choice of floor plans, apartment size, and balcony/ deck options.
- Signature Freedom Dining program means professional chefs, flexible dining hours, and four meal choices every day: casual buffet, fine dining, chef's pantry, or room service.
- Travel Program: Residents can travel to any of our RLC communities in the United States to enjoy the same benefits as in their home community. With a maximum set of days within a calendar year, your stay is free.
- Stadium seating theater for movies, live music, and more!
- Live-in managers, 24-hour concierge/valet parking, and scheduled transportation. Utilities paid, except for personal phone and internet. Our Main Street with amenities, like a salon, pharmacy, gift shop, and a bank. (Fee based services)
2 55 Plus Living Communities in the Augusta Area
Wichita Independent Senior Living
- 10665 W 13Th Street N, Wichita, KS 67212
- Comfortable apartments in a variety of sizes that allow you the freedom to furnish in any style that appeals to you.
- Perfectly balanced, perfectly delicious meals made from scratch and served in our restaurant-style dining room.
- We love having cats and dogs as part of our community. After all, they are part of the family.
- All of your utilities are included in your monthly rent. That includes cable TV, heat, and air conditioning, everything except your phone bill.
- We know how much seniors value their freedom, so we offer month-to-month leases with no long-term commitment. Enjoy this all-inclusive lifestyle on your terms.
Right at Home
- 2416 Brentwood, Hutchinson, KS 67502
- Set on more than eight acres of beautifully landscaped grounds with a courtyard
- Elm Grove Estates is considered one of the premier Kansas assisted living communities
- Located close to Highway 61 and 135 from Salina and K96 from Wichita
- 119 senior apartments on one floor for easy access
- With a full range of services, residents can remain here even if their health declines
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.