8 55 Plus Living Communities in the Adrian Area
Exceptional Senior Living in Adrian, Michigan!
1200 Corporate Drive, Adrian, MI 49221
- Spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom style plans to suit every taste
- Emergency response system for added peace of mind
- Patio for private outdoor living space
- Walk-in shower or tub/shower combination
- Small pets allowed
Live the Life
4230 N Holland-Sylvania Rd, Toledo, OH 43623, Toledo, OH 43623
- A variety of dining options
- A huge selection of activities to enjoy, and a mix of on and off-campus events
- Fun on-site amenities like an arts and crafts studio, golf simulator and more
- Spacious floorplans with balconies and walk-in closets available
- All-inclusive pricing
Beautiful, lively independent senior living community in Toledo, OH
4560 W Alexis Road, Toledo, OH 43623
- Comfortable apartments in a variety of sizes that allow you the freedom to furnish in any style that appeals to you.
- Perfectly balanced, perfectly delicious meals made from scratch and served in our restaurant-style dining room.
- We love having cats and dogs as part of our community. After all, they are part of the family.
- All of your utilities are included in your monthly rent. That includes cable TV, heat, and air conditioning - everything except your phone bill.
- We know how much seniors value their freedom, so we offer month-to-month leases with no long-term commitment. Enjoy this all-inclusive lifestyle on your terms.
Independent living, assisted living and memory care options in Toledo that focus on fulfilling relationships in a comfortable, supportive senior community.
3501 Executive Pkwy, Toledo, OH 43606
- No buy-in required; month-to-month lease; Security with call lights in every apartment; onsite emergency response staffed 24 hours a day
- Located in the Heart of West Toledo near shopping, expressway and downtown Toledo!
- Menu for Independent Living with multiple dining areas, including outdoor seating.
- Dedicated spiritual center for multi-denominational services
- Respite Memory Care
WE ADD LIFE TO YOUR YEARS - Come Home to the Best Senior Living in Toledo
2429 S Reynolds Rd, Toledo, OH 43614
- Genesis Village offers a unique lifestyle that inspires physical, emotional, spiritual, intellectual, and social well-being.
- Our 2,000 sq. ft. atrium is perfect for relaxing or playing games.
- Our atrium also features an indoor pool, custom-built whirlpool, and a cozy fireplace lounge.
- The atrium leads to a landscaped courtyard, and a high-quality fitness center to help you achieve your fitness goals.
- Residents can enjoy our gardens, walking areas, activity room, library, and multimedia theater for large-screen movies and presentations.
Vibrant Retirement Living Near Ann Arbor
100 Silver Maples Drive, Chelsea, MI 48118
- Three types of residential accommodations for you to personalize
- Independent and residential style living and licensed assisted living accommodations
- All residential accommodations are maintenance-free inside and out and include all utilities, except for phone and cable television.
- Residents and their guests may choose from restaurant-style formal dining, or choose to eat in our Bistro 100 or Courtyard Cafe for a more contemporary setting.
- Salon, spa & barbering
A Great Place to Call Home
805 West Middle Street, Chelsea, MI 48118
- Beautiful 58 -acre campus is situated in the historic City of Chelsea, just minutes from Ann Arbor
- As a resident you can choose from a wide variety of programs, classes and events
- When you become a resident of Chelsea Retirement Community, we pledge to provide services to you for the remainder of your life.
- If longevity or care needs should deplete your financial resources, we will continue to provide excellent care no matter where you are living within our campus walls.
- Our award-winning and professional chefs, dieticians and kitchen staff love their work... and it shows in every meal we serve.
Affordable Aprtments in a Serene Setting
325 Wilkinson Street, Chelsea, MI 48118
- Beautiful Grounds and Environment
- Balconies or Patios
- Washers and Dryers
- Reasonable Rates for Specialized Services
- Pets Welcome
What are Active Adult and 55+ Communities?
Active Adult and 55+ Communities are geared towards older adults who are able to live independently and who don’t require the services that retirement, assisted living or memory care communities provide. Many residents still work full- or part-time. For those seniors who desire a low-maintenance lifestyle, often with resort-like amenities and organized social activities, an active adult or 55+ community may be the right option. These communities fall into two categories:
1) Age-Restricted – For 55+ communities, in order to comply with the Housing for Older Persons Act of 1995, one person must be aged 55 or older in at least 80% of the occupied housing units. The other 20% of the homes are open to younger adults, sometimes with a minimum age that is established by the community, creating the 80/20 rule. If the minimum age in the community is 62, then all residents must be aged 62 or older.
2) Age-targeted – These communities are marketed towards the 55+ population, with amenities that promote an active adult lifestyle, but there are no age restrictions.
The types of homes in an active adult neighborhood vary from community to community, as do the range of services and amenities provided. From small apartments to two- or three-bedroom single-family homes with attached garages, there’s a broad range of housing options available, with many communities offering multiple home styles. Communities can offer luxurious, resort-like features with multiple, daily planned activities, or be lower-engagement with more simple amenities. The term “active” adult does not necessarily mean physically active, although these communities often have facilities that help foster a more physically active lifestyle. Events and outings that encourage social activity are common, and opportunities for mental stimulation, through cultural excursions and enrichment classes, may also be scheduled. Amenities may include:
Tennis and pickleball courts
Fitness centers and exercise classes
Gathering spaces such as a clubhouse or lounge
Planned social activities
Classes and lectures
Clubs and interest groups
There are many benefits to living in an Active Adult or 55+ Community. These benefits include:
Location – these communities are often located near shopping, parks, restaurants, office buildings and local attractions
Low-maintenance living – exterior home maintenance and lawn care are usually provided
Neighbors of similar age – being in close proximity to people in the same stage of life makes it easier to form new friendships
Amenities – facilities and programs that promote better health, strengthen social bonds and improve or maintain mental sharpness will help keep seniors vibrant and happy
When searching for an Active Adult Community, be sure to keep in mind which amenities are best suited to your lifestyle, choose a location that provides access to what is important to you and take any rules or fees into account.
Use our US map above to begin your search for Active Adult and 55+ communities. Our search results include pictures, floor plans, contact info and pricing where available.