St. Martin's in the Pines
Fifty years ago, the Rev. David Cady Wright, rector of St. Mary’s-on-the-Highlands Episcopal Church, was concerned that many of his parishioners would not have a dignified, comfortable retirement. It was Rev. Wright’s pastoral concern which gave St. Martin’s its beginning.
This commitment has been one reason for our continued growth. In 1957, St. Martin’s began as a retirement residence for 80 residents. Today, we’re a comprehensive retirement community, with a skilled nursing center, an assisted living facility, a secure Alzheimer’s community, Evergreen at St. Martin’s, and a four story retirement apartment building. And we have revolutionized nursing home care with our new homes we call, “The Cottages at St. Martin’s”.
But as we’ve grown, one thing remains constant: our mission to meet the physical, social, and spiritual needs of each resident. Because St. Martin’s physical and spiritual growth is still guided by the Episcopal Foundation of Jefferson County, our residents and their families can count on a sense of comfort, security, and personal worth. Although the religious orientation of St. Martin’s is Episcopalian, residents of all denominations are welcome.